Florence to Greve without a car

fitz2

We will be staying a few nights in Florence and would like to do a day trip to Greve. We will not have a car. How easy is it getting the bus to Greve and seeing the sights and wineries? Which wineries do you recommend and are they within walking distance from the bus drop off ? Do you need to have an appointment? I would like to go on a Saturday and also see the market. Thanks for any help you can give me.

We will be staying a few nights in Florence and would like to do a day trip to Greve. We will not have a car. How easy is it getting the bus to Greve and seeing the sights and wineries? Which wineries do you recommend and are they within walking distance from the bus drop off ? Do you need to have an appointment? I would like to go on a Saturday and also see the market. Thanks for any help you can give me.

The quick answer to your question is "not easy." You are talking about a rural area in Chianti...and local buses will not run very often. Wineries in Chianti are scattered all over a very rural area, so even if you could get a regional bus your ability to get anywhere (especially if you have an appointment) will be limited. If you do not want to rent a car (which really limits the ability of the driver to drink) then you might want to consider booking a wine tour from any of the local companies that provide this service.

But if you have your heart set on using regional buses, here is a link to the #365 bus which does do the deed:

http://www.sitabus.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ACV_365_gaiole-in-chianti-castellina-radda-panzano-greve-s-polo-firenze_updateto06052015.pdf

We would strongly advise stopping at the local tourist office (in Florence) to get the latest bus info...and personal advice on how to deal with Italian buses :).

Hank:)