Andre Rieu in Cologne whilst on Cruise

Yggdrasil98

We have been advised we have "great" seats for the new New Year Andre Rieu concert in Cologne whilst we are on our AMA cruise available to book. The tickets are steep, but not unexpectedly so at AU$200.00 each.

My query is, are we are considering going merely because we are on the cruise? When he came to our town we didn't go, he's not really our style, though we quite enjoy Strauss and music like that when we travel through places such as Vienna. It's not something we would normally attend. We've been advised it will all be in German with no English at all .

The feedback I would like is, would you go? Just because you were there, or would you think, well if I didn't go to a concert at home, being in "holiday mode" won't make a lot of difference to a big spend?

Your experiences and thoughts would be appreciated :)

We have been advised we have "great" seats for the new New Year Andre Rieu concert in Cologne whilst we are on our AMA cruise available to book. The tickets are steep, but not unexpectedly so at AU$200.00 each.

My query is, are we are considering going merely because we are on the cruise? When he came to our town we didn't go, he's not really our style, though we quite enjoy Strauss and music like that when we travel through places such as Vienna. It's not something we would normally attend. We've been advised it will all be in German with no English at all .

The feedback I would like is, would you go? Just because you were there, or would you think, well if I didn't go to a concert at home, being in "holiday mode" won't make a lot of difference to a big spend?

If he was 'not really our style' and I didn't see him when he was in my town and it is German I would find it pretty easy to spend my $400 elsewhere! No brainier for me!

We love Strauss, and I adore Andre Rieu. We have enjoyed his concerts in St. Paul, but doubt if we'd spend that much (I assume you mean 200 Euro). It would be a treat to enjoy his concert in Hamburg, but not at that price, since he does travel to the US and speaks English.

Yes, being offered by AMA, best seats, no that is AU$200, NZ$270. I assume they get commission in there somwhere. I would pay that in a blink for my favourites, but this would come in the category of "the ballet" or "a concert". Tempted for the atmosphere, and the holiday feel, but not a huge fan, just enjoy good nights out when on holiday, so we will spend a bit more if it's special.

i just wish they would all include the Lippinzaner (?sp) horses in Vienna as a definite do! THAT I would pay that for in a flash :)

Yes, being offered by AMA, best seats, no that is AU$200, NZ$270. I assume they get commission in there somwhere. I would pay that in a blink for my favourites, but this would come in the category of "the ballet" or "a concert". Tempted for the atmosphere, and the holiday feel, but not a huge fan, just enjoy good nights out when on holiday, so we will spend a bit more if it's special.

i just wish they would all include the Lippinzaner (?sp) horses in Vienna as a definite do! THAT I would pay that for in a flash :)

I would check if you could book the concert independently you could alway just get a taxi to the event if they would not let you on the bus ;)

You could look for a tour guide that would take you to the riding school but make sure they have a show the day you are there

Archived