Avis shuttle to Port Canaveral

DaddyBytes

How early will the Cape Canaveral Avis shuttle start taking guests to the port? I would like to get there as early as I can. I will be dropping my car rental off at Avis.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Dropped off our Avis rental last December and were told that RCI asked them not to bring any outgoing cruisers to the terminal until most of the departing guests had cleared the port. I believe we arrived at Avis some time around 9:30 a.m., as we originally wanted to arrive at the port between 10 and 10:30, but ended up arriving around 11:00 a.m. By this time, the lines to go through security at the terminal were backed up, although once inside the terminal there were no lines at all for suite guests, so we checked right in and walked aboard the ship at once.

All of this, of course, was after I waited in line for at least 15 minutes inside their office to have our return processed as they only had one person behind the desk processing both rentals and returns. I can only guess that the other rental offices in Cocoa Beach were even more of a mess as my past experiences with Avis have been stellar.

If you're wanting to get to the port ASAP, I would suggest calling for a taxi if you're told the same thing that we were.

Enjoy your cruise!:)