FLL Hotel for Five

Cincy Gal

I am trying to find out which hotel would be the best for our family of five. My tag along children are ages 24, 23, and 22. We will be arriving in FLL the day prior to our cruise at approximately 11:00am Dec 16th. So will have the day for enjoyment.

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

It's not on the beach, but it's close (a mile or 2) if you have a car or hop the bus....try the embassy suites....they are currently renovating (i peeked in and saw a sign to that effect a few weeks back)...... might be worth a shot.

Good to know they are remodeling. The reveiews have not been on par for what I would want to see for an Embassy Suites. We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale so will need to catch a cab or shuttle.

Thanks for the heads up!!

I didn't see a room, but a big giant sign about it.....looked OK though.....I like to "collect" hotels.....they were pretty full so I wasn't able to see a room anyway.

I stayed at the Renaissance....you could probably go that with 2 rooms...but their rates are all over the place....it's not bad....i was there 2 or 3 times over a few weeks......i would give it maybe a 7-8 on a 1-10 scale......restaurant service was not always good, FD people were mostly very good, cleanliness could be better (not dirty, just details that get skipped sometimes....) They had just gotten a new GM-he's been there maybe 2 months by now.....

However, on the bright side, people have gotten the Ren for maybe 60 bucks on PL...

On Hotwire, it is, CURRENTLY, the only 4 star in the 17th st/port everglades area. On PL, I can't say that for sure.......(that's according to the hotel list on betterbidding.com)

Cincy Gal, we are also from Cincinnati, We are going on a Christmas cruise with two other families(nine teens ranging from 13-19). It is a Christmas present to our children 16,17 & 18. They know nothing about it. We are staying at the Amerisuites for two nights. By then it should be a Hyatt Place and almost be like brand new.

It sounds like you have done this before. Any recommendations of things to do in FLL with teens?

Johnxu84

Cincy Gal, we are also from Cincinnati, We are going on a Christmas cruise with two other families(nine teens ranging from 13-19). It is a Christmas present to our children 16,17 & 18. They know nothing about it. We are staying at the Amerisuites for two nights. By then it should be a Hyatt Place and almost be like brand new.

It sounds like you have done this before. Any recommendations of things to do in FLL with teens?

Johnxu84

I am torn between the Amerisuites and Embassy Suite :confused: .

Depending on the weather we will catch a ride to the beach or just hang out and go get a great dinner. Stop by a store and pick up last minute items that might be forgotten.

We booked the Sleep Inn in Dania for 5. There is a sofa sleeper with 2 queens beds. We are booked for the end of March for $210. It isn't near the beach, but does have free shuttle to and from airport and pier. They also offer hot breakfast.

Have a great Christmas!!!

PS We are right across the river from you!!!

I am torn between the Amerisuites and Embassy Suite .

Cincy..that's an easy choice, Embassy Suites. Beutiful atrium, free nightly managers cocktail party, free cooked to order breakfast, great location in the center of it all on SE 17th Street. The Publix Supermarket is directly behind the hotel as is the largest liquor store in SoFla, Total Wine & More. Another plus is the Sun Trolley stops right in front of the hotel. For 50 cents it will get you to the beach, Las Olas Boulevard and everywhere in between. It runs Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 10pm, passes the hotel every 15 minutes.

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

Cincy..that's an easy choice, Embassy Suites. Beutiful atrium, free nightly managers cocktail party, free cooked to order breakfast, great location in the center of it all on SE 17th Street. The Publix Supermarket is directly behind the hotel as is the largest liquor store in SoFla, Total Wine & More. Another plus is the Sun Trolley stops right in front of the hotel. For 50 cents it will get you to the beach, Las Olas Boulevard and everywhere in between. It runs Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 10pm, passes the hotel every 15 minutes.

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

Great - I will go ahead and book the Embassy Suites. Thanks for the heads up you seem to be very knowledgable about the area :) .

Archived