Queen Kaahumanu Center Taxi, Shuttle, Walk question...

TomAndJane

I asked this question already but it was at the end of a Whale Watching thread so here it goes again:

Does anyone know if there are taxis available when we would get back to the bus stop at Queen Kaahumanu Center in Kahului? We would like to spend as much time as possible on the other side of the island and I believe the free shuttle stops running at around 4:30. Correct? If taxi's aren't available would it be safe to walk at night from the center back to the port? The day we would be taking the bus and then either walking or taking a taxi would be Sunday.

Thanks for any help you can be,

Tom

I asked this question already but it was at the end of a Whale Watching thread so here it goes again:

Does anyone know if there are taxis available when we would get back to the bus stop at Queen Kaahumanu Center in Kahului? We would like to spend as much time as possible on the other side of the island and I believe the free shuttle stops running at around 4:30. Correct? If taxi's aren't available would it be safe to walk at night from the center back to the port? The day we would be taking the bus and then either walking or taking a taxi would be Sunday.

Thanks for any help you can be,

Tom

I don't know about transportation options but it would be safe to walk back to the ship. Kaahumanu is a main street in Maui with only a short distance on smaller side streets to the pier but nothing like seedy areas around large ports.

Edited by Astro Flyer