St. Martin catamaran excursion

happy-face

Has anyone done the Mirabella Catamaran excursion in St. Martin and what was your opinion? Also looking at the Golden Eagle Sailaway one. How is the snorkeling and is it off the boat or off the beach on either excursion?

Happy-Face:

We did the Mirabella Catamaran in Dec 2015 and enjoyed it. The boat is very clean & comfortable, with places to sit outside and in the shade. The day we did it, it was only at 1/2 capacity or less, so we had plenty of room to move around. The crew was very friendly, professional, & safety oriented. I did not snorkel at the snorkel stop, but my Wife did and said it was pretty good (water was a little murky because the seas were a little rough and stirred up that day.)

One thing that was noticeable during the snorkel stop was that couple of other boats that came in after us seemed more packed with people. Also, a crew member from our boat was in the water to help lead and take care of the snorkelers.

We next went to Mullet Bay for about an hour, where they dropped anchor about 75 yards off-shore, and we could walk down a stairway they dropped off the front and float into the shallower water near the beach. (Noodles & flotation vests were provided for those that wanted them.) That beach and bay was gorgeous, and one I would go back to.

There was a sandwich provided for a lunch snack, along with tortilla chips & salsa. Also plenty of water, soft drinks, rum punch and beer as part of the deal, and the crew was waiting on everyone.

The excursion lasted about 3 hours, and we thought it was a good value for the money. We'd do it again.