Rotterdam Taxi

eh2zed

Followup to this,

We are considering Jade Rotterdam trips and the best for us flights might be Amsterdam.

I found this

http://www.cruiseportrotterdam.com/?ct=tekst&page=xml/transportation/rotterdam.xml&nav_active=810

It is not clear what the best options to the Rotterdam cruise port from Schiphol would be. Train looks good(but not cheap) if they are regular.

Train looks good(but not cheap) if they are regular.

???

A single ticket from Rotterdam Centraal to Schiphol Airport is 10.90 EUR (2nd class) ??? Did you expect cheaper than this???

The Dutch Railways system is one of the best because you have a certain kind of money-back-garantee if your train is late.

In front of the terminal is a subway station which takes you in minutes to Central Station.

Of course you can more a door-to-door service. You must pay around 85-150 EUR for a private transfer.

Check here for the offer of the taxi company:

http://www.rtcnv.nl/airporttaxidirect.asp

85.00 EUR

Regards,

HeinBloed

Is there a coach/bus we would have plenty of time the flight is early?

I am sorry - but I do not understand this part of your question:

from where to where do you ask for a bus???

Subject your flight is early why do you need a bus??? Normally passengers with early flights need to be as early at the airport as possible.

Regards,

HeinBloed

It was a followup

Bus/coach Amsterdam(airport flight gets in early cruise day) to Rotterdam port.

Via city centers would be fine.

There may be an NCL transfers for some UK flights for this cruise another option to investigate.

Our local airport flies to Rotterdam but that leaves us with the southampton/home leg to sort out. We can fly from Southampton to Amsterdam so have the car for getting home. just need to make sure the total extra for the 3n on top of the 5n adds up cost wise with the extra transport costs.

It was a followup

Bus/coach Amsterdam(airport flight gets in early cruise day) to Rotterdam port.

Why not...

I cannot request for May but May 21, 2009 (I am as well onboard) is a public holiday.

So I check for a connection for 10.15 hrs (arrival flybe at 09.10 hrs) on a Sunday:

Time Icon Details Remarks 10:33

Walk

10:38

5 min

5 minutes walktime. 10:38

Interliner

Connexxion

11:01

23 min busstop 'Plaza/NS' in Schiphol

take Interliner 370 destination Alphen aan den Rijn. Get off at busstop 'Kruisweg' in Woubrugge. 20 minutes changetime. 11:21

Bus

Connexxion

11:45

24 min busstop 'Kruisweg' in Woubrugge

take Bus 182 destination Leiden. Get off at busstop 'Korevaarstraat' in Leiden. 5 minutes changetime. 11:50

Bus

Connexxion

12:16

26 min busstop 'Korevaarstraat' in Leiden

take Bus 45 destination Den Haag. Get off at busstop 'Station Leidschendam Voorburg'.

Walk to tramstop 'Leidschendam Voorburg'. 25 minutes changetime. of which 5 minutes walktime. 12:41

Tram

RET

13:06

25 min tramstop 'Leidschendam Voorburg'

take Tram RR Era destination Rotterdam. Get off at tramstop 'Hofplein' in Rotterdam.

Walk to tramstop 'Centraal Station' in Rotterdam.

erasmuslijn 16 minutes changetime. of which 12 minutes walktime. 13:22

Tram

RET

13:32

10 min tramstop 'Centraal Station' in Rotterdam

take Tram 20 destination Lombardijen. Get off at tramstop 'Wilhelminaplein' in Rotterdam. 13:32

Walk

13:42

10 min

10 minutes walktime. 13:42

'Wilhelminakade' in Rotterdam

But you can try it your self:

http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/default.aspx

Once you choosed "Airport/Ferry Port" as origin enter

Schiphol

Later confirm: Luchthaven Schiphol

For your destination "Wilhelminakade" in Rotterdam as street address for the Cruise Terminal.

Do not forget to select bus, trams, metros only.

Have fun on your tour.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Handy little site that,

So no main direct bus between the cities, an equivilent to our national express coach services.

Train looks to be the best option with subway/taxi.

The Dutch rail system works and is reasonably priced (pardon me for saying this, but ... both attributes unlike the English hodgepodge system. Inter-city buses serve only as supplements for routes not well serviced by train (for example: Schiphol airport to Haarlem since there is no direct train service).

There is even hourly service throughout the night between. Also, the airport train station is inside the terminal. Ticket machines and agents on the arrival level and the trains one level below (lifts, escalator and stairs are all available).

Archived