How are the mosquitos this time?

Cruisegirl6

IMO, I would definately pack repellent with Deet. We just got an email from Carnival about Belize and recommending anyone getting off the boat apply repellent with Deet because of high number of cases of Zika there. IMO it was probably a lawyer thing, but something to keep in mind when going there.

Anybody finding there are mosquitos here and had any problems, daughter and her bf going on cave tubing tour, I not sure what we are doing yet just need to know because I have lupus and have to prevent infections and such.

I just did a cave tubing excursion 2nd week of April. We used repellent but frankly, it wasn't necessary, at least at that time. I didn't notice any mosquitos at all, biting or flying about.

But that said, it was very dry in Belize when we were there, I was told it was near the end of their dry season which I believe lasts until May or June. On the bus trip from Belize City the outskirts of the town looked like dry lake beds. I'm assuming from that appearance it does get quite wet some parts of the year, but as of a few weeks ago it was not. The caves are in the forest though but even there with all the people, pretty much no bugs.

My suggestion, check and see the weather and if it's still being dry, you're pretty safe (still do the repellent as precaution).

week and a half a ago we did cave tubing in Belize and didn't even see any mosquito's let alone get bit by anything. You'll definitely be fine if you use deet bug spray. We didnt use any and we didnt see any mosquitoes either. its maybe not the season for them right now or something.