Pride of America (NCL) Kids Club

Tx mommy

I posted this on the NCL page but have gotten no response. I'm hoping better response here. My kids are 3 and 7. I'm just wondering if someone can give me an idea of what to expect from the kids club. Are meals available there? If you've used the club, did your kids offer any reviews. Were they happy to attend? Mine usually aren't fans of childcare but I think it's just because we don't have lots of opportunities to use them. I'd like to give them an idea of how much fun they can have. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We haven't been on the POA, but have been on the Jewel.

Meals are only offered on shore days, and for an extra fee I believe. On sea days, they close from 12-2 and 6-8 (or something close, it's been a year!)

My kids were both happy to go, age 7 & 9, although they spent less time there than we anticipated. They often preferred hanging out with us, but they always had a great time in the club. There are near-constant activities.

There are also quite a few kids activities each day outside of the kids club.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

Our dd has been on three NCL cruises, two since she turned 3 in March and was eligible for the kids club. Each cruise she went once. She didn't dislike it, but when I asked her if she wanted to go again she said, "I want to stay with you guys." The pp was correct about them closing for lunch and dinner. I think the dinner is 5-7 pm. Go to the club when you first get onboard and sign up. They give you wristbands to wear all week and a schedule of what is going on each day and time. They do have a lot of fun activities. If they attend a lot, they can be in a circus show at the end of the week. Your kids won't be in the same group because the ages are 3-5 and 6-9.

My dd goes to daycare so she kind of knows the "routine" and I think she maybe just wanted a vacation too, just like us. Anyway, give it a try and pick a time that offers an activity that you think they'll like. Maybe they'll like it and maybe they won't but there certainly are enough fun activities for them to try.

FYI: Your three year old has to be potty trained and able to go to the bathroom without help from the staff. If they need help with clothes or wiping, they give you a phone and will call you to come back and help them.