explorer of the seas kids club reviews?

CruiseGal777

• 1 year later...

Hi can we book adventure ocean on line or can we only do it once on board. Our daughter is very excited especially about the kids club. We are going on a Xmas cruise so we gather there will be a lot of kids so we want to make sure we get her a place.

Our daughter is 6, how have others found adventure ocean? Especially on Explorer recently.

Thanks

We took our DD on the Explorer Oct,2014 for 9nt Bermuda/Caribbean. She was 3yr at the time.

DD was fully potty trained, however a little nervous around public toilets since they're loud. I was concerned about her going potty by herself on the ship, knowing a ship's potty is louder than a public one! The staff will not help, the child must be fully independent. Everything went fine.

There was a desk inside the pier to list her name and get her id wristband. The wristband lists the muster station and has to be worn at all times. We were able to get her fully registered on board. (just a matter of listing our names and anyone else we wanted to name for pick up/drop off)

The rooms seemed very clean and organized. There was a large play item to climb/slide. I didn't see too many toys, but there were a lot of craft/coloring materials. You can tour the room on the 1st day when you register, but after that you don't walk into the room. You stand at the gate to sign in/out you child. I didn't think to look at all the toys because I thought they would be kept busy with the activities.

We received a daily program in our cabin each night - specific to her age group. The activities seemed to have a nice variety.

A special menu was given to her at dinner each night (same menu, same activities). She actually got bored with the activity by the 3rd night. I wish they rotated different menu/activity sheets.

DD goes to daycare, and is very social, so she was very happy to go to the camp.

I didn't like that they did face painting on the day for formal night! She wasn't too happy to have that cleaned off for pictures. :(

We did not do any of the late night parties.

This is not part of the camp - but there is a kiddie play pool area with a large pool and 2 slides. The camp will not take them swimming, so when she wasn't in camp, we would go here frequently. We also took her life jacket so she was able to swim independently (us by her side) in the large main pool.