Wet suits provided on Carnival excursions?

AryMay

My DH and son have dives booked through Carnival for Grand Cayman and Roatan. Can anyone tell me if wetsuits are included in the price?

DH has his own shortie that he can bring, but would rather not add more weight to his luggage if it isn't necessary.

I don't know about GC, in Roatan they did not. You COULD rent them,I think $10. Having said that if you do a ship excursion, wetsuit are NOT included. Houwever every dive operator will offer to rent if you want.

I really don't think you are going to need a wetsuit at all. when I went diving in Roatan last sept the water was 84 degrees. So I am not sure when you are going, but I think they will be ok.

Anthony's Key was nice. SI at the dock. I got a t shirt and my book stamped while on our SI. They provide a small snack. First dive was 15 mins from the dock. Second was like 5 mins. Both dive sites were very close. Tell them to bring a camera. ALOT ALOT of groupers and turtles. Groupers were like 50 lbs easy. I loved diving there and would gladly use the ship excursion again in a heartbeat. Hope they enjoy. Enjoy your cruise

I don't know about GC, in Roatan they did not. You COULD rent them,I think $10. Having said that if you do a ship excursion, wetsuit are NOT included. Houwever every dive operator will offer to rent if you want.

I really don't think you are going to need a wetsuit at all. when I went diving in Roatan last sept the water was 84 degrees. So I am not sure when you are going, but I think they will be ok.

Anthony's Key was nice. SI at the dock. I got a t shirt and my book stamped while on our SI. They provide a small snack. First dive was 15 mins from the dock. Second was like 5 mins. Both dive sites were very close. Tell them to bring a camera. ALOT ALOT of groupers and turtles. Groupers were like 50 lbs easy. I loved diving there and would gladly use the ship excursion again in a heartbeat. Hope they enjoy. Enjoy your cruise

Thanks for the reply. My DH has done dives in both of these ports before (booked independently) and in spite of the warm water temps he does get cold. (The man has no meat on his body!) If the wetsuits aren't provided then he will take his shortie.

I wish I could convince him to take a camera as well...I've been trying for years. He does mountain climbing, rock climbing, spelunking, diving, etc. and if it weren't for others that go with him, I would never see a photo of any of his activities!

Glad to hear that you were pleased with the ship excursion to Anthony's Key! This will be our 5th cruise and the first time that he has ever booked any dives through the ship. Life has been busy and doing it this way was just easier.

I wish I could convince him to take a camera as well...I've been trying for years. He does mountain climbing, rock climbing, spelunking, diving, etc. and if it weren't for others that go with him, I would never see a photo of any of his activities!

Good underwater cameras with a depth rating suitable for scuba dives aren't inexpensive. He's unlikely eager to spend the $ for a camera he'd only use 1 or 2 times a year.

Good underwater cameras with a depth rating suitable for scuba dives aren't inexpensive. He's unlikely eager to spend the $ for a camera he'd only use 1 or 2 times a year.

Although I'm sure underwater cameras are expensive, that's not the issue. DH says he wants to fully experience whatever he is doing...not look at it through a viewfinder on a camera! He said he brings back memories...not photos.

If it were left up to him we probably wouldn't even have photos of our kids!

Last summer I bought a Canon D-10 so at least I will be getting some photos while I snorkel.

Archived