Cable Beach

BC18

I wanted to know if anyone has gone to Cable Beach lately and used a free access spot to get to the beach rather then paying for a day pass at a resort. Where was the free access, how was the area, did you feel safe? Were you able to rent chairs and umbrellas We did this a few years ago, got free access near the Melia Resort but not sure if this is still an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby & I have been 3 times & just walked right in through the then Sheraton (now Melia) by just acting like we were staying there. We enjoyed the beach & loungers, umbrellas & cash bar. We had to exit through the Wyndham, because the Sheraton/Melia was locked. BUT my parents did this in October & got busted when going to the pool restroom. So you can either take your chances or go ahead & pay for the day pass at either Melia or Wyndham. Don't take a cab there. Take the #10 local bus for $1.25 pp each way

• 2 weeks later...
If you're buying stuff at the bar I doubt they want to mess with you--you're a customer

That's not how they see it. Even if you are paying for a drink, you still can't use the chairs. beach, umbrellas, or access the property without being considered trespassing.

Hubby & I have been 3 times & just walked right in through the then Sheraton (now Melia) by just acting like we were staying there. We enjoyed the beach & loungers, umbrellas & cash bar. We had to exit through the Wyndham, because the Sheraton/Melia was locked. BUT my parents did this in October & got busted when going to the pool restroom. So you can either take your chances or go ahead & pay for the day pass at either Melia or Wyndham. Don't take a cab there. Take the #10 local bus for $1.25 pp each way

Do you know how much a day pass is? What is all included in that day pass? Thanks!

Do you know how much a day pass is? What is all included in that day pass? Thanks!

Melia's Day pass is $35.00. Chairs, snorkel gear, can't remember what else. They do have some other things your can rent.

Edited by sharonny

• 4 months later...

Hubby and I were there April 2015, took the number 10 bus, got off at Melia Resort but walked just to the left of the resort and walked through a parking lot and onto the beach again to the left of the resort. Took our beach towels from the ship and spent the day. Hubby rented a jet ski, someone was selling drinks on the beach and while we did not use it we were told there was a restaurant in the hotel by where we were. Fabulous day and only spent $ on the jet ski and bus fare.

• 6 months later...

thanks for the info