Carnival Shore Excursion Best Price

LRav19

My wife and I are travelling on the Triumph in May. One of our stops will be Progresso. I want to go to the Mayan ruins. The cost for the excursions through Carnival is about $30 more than AutoProgreso. Does anybody know if Carnival will honor this price for the tour with their "Shore Excursion Best Price" guarantee? Every little bit helps!!

We tried this but the Carnival tour offered bottled water and this was enough for Carnival deny the "best price." We cancelled Carnival tour and used Autoprogreso. We might try it again next time on the tour of Merida that appears to be exactly the same.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am really new to this. Did you book the excursion online or wait until the ship arrived at the port?

We have booked all our excursions through AP and usually just pay once we get there. I try to email them to let them know which one we are taking and how many people there will be. They have a store at the Progreso pier. As you are walking through it will be on your left. Have usually dealt with Guadalupe who is always friendly and very helpful. Have done Uxmal, Dzibalchaltun (3 times) Reef Club (which they no longer offer) and Technotel and are going back to Technotel next month. We have never had a bad experience with AP.

You are just wonderful! You took away a whole lot of anxiety. Thank you for your kind reply.

If you decide to wait and pay at the pier which we usually do, try to have cash to pay. They have occasionally had trouble with their credit card machine and we have seen people who were disappointed because they didn't bring enough cash to cover the tour fee.

How did you handle things in Cozumel? Is there a company there that offers the same types of tours?

Most of our trips to Coz we have just jumped in a taxi at the pier and had them take us to our favorite beach, Playa Palancar. Once we did the Hiring a Driver for a Day tour and it was great. If you will go to the Cozumel board you will find info on lots of different things to do there. We have never taken a Carnival excursion.