QM2 ~ Pets on board!

Melissa Roberts

Hi cruisers!

Anyone traveled on the QM2 New York - Southampton and taken their cats with them?

We are relocating to the UK and considering taking the QM2 next April. We have the animal rabies, pet passport scheme documentation etc it's the onboard facilities for cats we are looking into.

Any details welcome!

Thanks, Melissa :)

Hi cruisers!

Anyone traveled on the QM2 New York - Southampton and taken their cats with them?

We are relocating to the UK and considering taking the QM2 next April. We have the animal rabies, pet passport scheme documentation etc it's the onboard facilities for cats we are looking into.

Any details welcome!

Thanks, Melissa :)

Some have. I haven't, but those who have speak highly of the service. The only advice you need now is "book early". I gather that the kennels offer care that is superior to steerage!

Matthew

Funny you should ask. We did last May with one cat. See our travel blog http://*****.blogspot.com/ for all the details.

You, and your cats will have a ball.

Paul

Hey tks for your reply Paul infact I was just reading about Sebastian and his travels...love his Cunard official photo!

I am concerned as to where the litter tray is situated...is it inside their kennel? Did you take any of Sebastians food, or perhaps he's not a fussy eater ;) !

Tks :)

I had hoped to take 1 of my pets, (cat or dog) with me on the trip I have booked, but no, I cannot. Only passengers going into and out of South Hampton may take them along, and I am doing the crossing plus Med...........:(

Hi :)

I see you are in Katy, we moved from there to inside the Loop a yr ago... we lived off Sth Fry in LakeForest.

Shame you can't take your pet :(

Think we are going to book the crossing for April 16 2008....a long way off but I'm so excited I'm going home :D !!

into and out of South Hampton

Please, everyone "over there", it is Southampton. One word!

The rationale about not taking pets on cruises seems that one wouldn't take them on a ship if it could be avoided. Therefore only people going to relocate would want to. And only a transatlantic would be relevant.

I wouldn't take a pet on a ship if I could possibly avoid it.

Matthew

Please, everyone "over there", it is Southampton. One word!

The rationale about not taking pets on cruises seems that one wouldn't take them on a ship if it could be avoided. Therefore only people going to relocate would want to. And only a transatlantic would be relevant.

Matthew

Tbh I laughed as i'd never seen it written like that before ...have patience, tread gently ;)

The post was facetious:rolleyes: I lived in Italy and England for 10 yrs-I do know how it is spelled:p I have 7 shih tzus and a cat and would no more take them on vacation them I would take them to the supermarket!:eek:

Then I apologise - to you.

But it is far from the first time I have seen it spelt thus......

Matthew

Hi :)

I see you are in Katy, we moved from there to inside the Loop a yr ago... we lived off Sth Fry in LakeForest.

Shame you can't take your pet :(

Think we are going to book the crossing for April 16 2008....a long way off but I'm so excited I'm going home :D !!

Hello Melissa

I am new to the area-but do know where the loop is!:rolleyes: :D ....now how would I spell that?????? lol

Actually I am a native of Los Angeles but raised in Europe and now back here for another 3 yrs-then it's probably back to Florence Italy if all my work goes well. You get a sail almost 2 full months before us! I am green with envy! If you are ever in the Katy area please drop by and we will go for coffee!

Enjoy!

Hello Melissa

I am new to the area-but do know where the loop is!:rolleyes: :D ....now how would I spell that?????? lol

Actually I am a native of Los Angeles but raised in Europe and now back here for another 3 yrs-then it's probably back to Florence Italy if all my work goes well. You get a sail almost 2 full months before us! I am green with envy! If you are ever in the Katy area please drop by and we will go for coffee!

Enjoy!

There are three loop roads around Houston, we are inside loop 610 the inner loop road.

I still go to out Katy infact I'll be going out there tomorow to take Millie and Lucy to Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic. I still use Brendan's Hair Salon on Mason. Brendan is a great Scottish guy, moved here about 3 yrs ago!

We love Italy and plan on having a holiday home around one of the Lakes. I am just so pleased to be moving back home to the UK, can't wait :)

There are three loop roads around Houston, we are inside loop 610 the inner loop road.

I still go to out Katy infact I'll be going out there tomorow to take Millie and Lucy to Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic. I still use Brendan's Hair Salon on Mason. Brendan is a great Scottish guy, moved here about 3 yrs ago!

We love Italy and plan on having a holiday home around one of the Lakes. I am just so pleased to be moving back home to the UK, can't wait :)

I do not wish to hijack this thread-but if you could email me at elenafallin at yahoo dot com then perhaps we could meet for coffee tomorrow:) Brendan's is just around the corner from me! I am in Cinco Ranch.

I am concerned as to where the litter tray is situated...is it inside their kennel? Did you take any of Sebastians food, or perhaps he's not a fussy eater ;) !

Tks :)

The litter box is inside the cage, unless your pets have the kennels to themselves, as Sebastian did westbound, but don't count on that. We provided Sebastian's food only because he's on a special diet. Cunard provides several premium brands of cat food, which he enjoyed when our ran out. The kitchen cooked up dog treat cookies every day, nothing special for cats, which didn't seem fair.

The litter box is inside the cage, unless your pets have the kennels to themselves, as Sebastian did westbound, but don't count on that. We provided Sebastian's food only because he's on a special diet. Cunard provides several premium brands of cat food, which he enjoyed when our ran out. The kitchen cooked up dog treat cookies every day, nothing special for cats, which didn't seem fair.

Tks so much for taking the time to reply! The kennel lady Kim Baldwin called me and said they'd get in any favourite foods our two might prefer...hmm wonder if they'll get in my favourite foods also...haha!!

I just wont tell Millie and Lucy about the dog treats, they're pretty spoilt anyway ;)

Think I might just go ahead and book us on the ship, seems all's going OK. Just need to check up what the difference is between a hull balcony and a panoramic balcony?

Many thanks for pet info!

Melissa

Matthew

I hope that you feel the same way about taking a pet on an airplane.

We took our cat with us, not because we couldn't be parted (we are parted often when we travel locally) but because the QM2 kennels weren't that much more expensive than boarding him with the vet (he needs daily medication, so we can't ask a neighbor to care for him. Have you ever pilled a cat?) and we thought it would be an adventure. It was.

Paul

I hope that you feel the same way about taking a pet on an airplane.

Paul

Indeed. I certainly do. I'd hope that went without saying.

Matthew

Archived