RCCL FOS Labadee Adventure Ocean Program

chandon

Hello,

I have a 3.5 year old we think will really enjoy the AO program on FOS. I see that while we are at the port of Labadee, the kids can go ashore with the AO program. Is anyone able to tell me what they actually do and are they just on the beach or what type of facility are they in? We are trying to decide if she would have more fun doing this or hanging with us and her little brother on the beach.

Thank you,

Jane

Hi, my kids are older (9 and 13) but from what I read they do indeed go ashore and to the beach area. They say that ALL children need to be wearing an SPF of 60+ that day, as well as a hat and tshirt so they don't get too much sun.

I'm thinking though, that if you went off ship and spent 1-2hrs on the beach (or 3-4) that you could grab your child and sign them out to bring them back to the ship with you. It wouldn't have to be for the full time AO is open on Labadee.

Have fun!

My daughter enjoyed spending time at AO, especially on Labadee. They have a playground set up near the beach, and do crafts and water games. It is fenced in, so they don't go wandering off :p I believe you can walk over and sign them out anytime. But they may not want to leave!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Torontofamily5

upon your return, can You to tell me how it went in Labadee. Like you, I will also be traveling with a 3 and 6 year old on our cruise next year. These kids can not wait to jump onboard. I hope they enjoy every minute of their cruise. Are you also going to put them in Adventure Ocean while on board? Can't wait to hear back from you. Have a wonderful Trip!!

My partner and I dropped off our 4 y.o. twins (boy and girl) and our friends dropped off their three girls (6 y.o. and 4 y.o. twins) at the AO area on Labadee during our cruise on the Freedom of the Seas the week of Dec. 9.

The kids were in a fenced-in area. The security was the same (good) as on the ship's AO facility. There was a hose so the kids could cool off. You have to supply water as actual drinking water was not included.

There was a canopy so they could stay out of the sun. The counselors kept them all busy.

They stayed for about three hours and had a great time. We collected them so they could play on the beach before the buffet lunch.

There is a water bucket tower that tips water onto everyone. I played with the kids under the buckets (standing there waiting for the buckets to pour water on us) for about 45 minutes. It was a great way to get 'clean' before getting back onto the ship.

• 1 year later...

Did pagers/cellphones work here? I want to do this but I'm always afraid they can't get a hold of me! Is their any chance of water drowning in pools, etc? I'm

So nervous leaving them near water without me! Does anyone have pictures to share of the kids area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am curious how long ago some of the above responses actually cruised. On 3 past cruises our kids loved the play area in Labadee, but in October 2013 they hated it. I am not sure if the rules changed or what but i noticed my kids were just sitting around and not having fun. I asked why and was told that they were not allowed to play on all of the cool water toy stuff unless a parent was there. That seemed ludicrous and I asked several counselors and was told the same thing. I explained that was never the case in the past, but they enforced it that day. I immediately removed my kids because it was very sad to just see all these kids sitting in the shade doing nothing or else playing in a sand puddle where a counselor squirted a hose into the sand.

I went last year...didn't put the kids in the program in labadee...I agree it looked pretty bad. We had just as much fun playing on the beach. Plus the water slide at the back was a lot of fun for my 6 year old.

I went last year...didn't put the kids in the program in labadee...I agree it looked pretty bad. We had just as much fun playing on the beach. Plus the water slide at the back was a lot of fun for my 6 year old.

Hi there-thanks for the info. Do you recall if there was anything appropriate for 4 year olds? I don't think we will be leaving them alone on land with anyone. Too paranoid! Lol but curious if it's worth bringing them ashore at all.

Oh for sure bring them ashore! I had a 4 year old and 6 year old. I packed buckets spades and beach balls and my daughter loved playing on the beach. Plus there is a spray pad there too, so I took her there to play. We had fun!

The cruise staff does not take the kids from the youth program to labadee. Adventure ocean is on labadee the day you are there and you must take them to the island to drop them off and pick them up. It's hot and there is little shade. The kids will like it for a short period of time. It's not going to work if you plan to go back to the ship. You will need to check on them. There is no opportunity for them to swim there. So it didn't work for us. We all stayed together and it was ok except for the annoying vendors

We were there in October 2013 and the facility with the water tables/toys/sprinklers were in a state of disrepair. The concrete surface was too hot for bare feet. The fenced in area I saw appeared to be a low wall most kids could climb over and exit the area if no one was paying attention. I would let an older child there if they wanted to stay but not a younger one.