question about beer

spotter27

I have never been to a port where they have allowed this. Wine may be pissible.

I believe europe is more enclined to this kind of stuff but i have never tried but have over heard people talk about it.

Caribbean seems tight on this. We had rum cake taken from us because it had small sample bottles of white and dark rum used to make them. We got them back the night before debarkation.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Edited by Billy101

If you're buying unopen beer, you'll need tos top at one of the grocery stores in either Coxen Hole (Eldon's) or French Harbor (Hiper Mega or Bulk Gourmet) and buy a six pack. There's a duty free shop in West End, but not sure if they sell beer. If you're not near any of these areas on an excursion, it's probably going to cost you more in taxi fare to get there and back to the cruise port than buying a couple of buckets ship beer brands on board. IMO not worth the extra trip.

You will not be able to buy unopen beer at Mahogany Bay or Coxen Hole cruise port.

Now to get it on board, via a smuggle, the best scenario is to head back to the ship when the lines to reboard are very long. Have the beer in your back pack, wrapped individually in towels or clothing. You might pass through security unnoticed. But most probably, they'll ask you to go to the liquor table or area where you'll have to give up the beer until the end of the cruise. To avoid this, assuming you want to bring the beer to your cabin to drink on the cruise, you'll need to make sure that area is very crowded and you can slip past once you're out of sight of the initial security screeners. If drinking it on board, drink only in your cabin or have a tervis type tumbler to pour it in to drink on deck. You do run a risk of having the beer confiscated and you not seeing it again. But they're not going to throw you in the brig.