Rental car at disembarcation~Canada Place North. Need to drive Vancouver to SeaTac!

Will post similar thread on Alaska board.

My wife and I arrive in Vancouver on Wed. July 4th. We will be able to disembark around 9am. We have a flight out of SeaTac around 3 (Southwest rapid rewards). We arrive on Mariner at the Canada Place North (I have no idea what that is).

Does anybody know what car rental agencies (if any) are located within walking distance or will pick you up at the cruise ship?

Thanks!

Can't answer as far as the car rental thing goes, but you are cutting it REALLY close. The drive is almost 3 hours by itself, not counting the time it takes to get the car, the border crossing and taking traffic into account. It can easily take you more than an hour to cross the border. We have at times sat there for 2+hours, and you are doing it on a holiday to boot. The July 4th traffic can be horrendous. I would seriously suggest you rearrange your flight if at all possible! :eek:

I completely agree. There are taxis waiting right outside of Canada Place where Regent disembarks.

There are actually small float planes which leave from within 5 minutes of Canada Place, and you can probably arrange a reasonable flight on one of those. We did this when we went from Vancouver to Vancouver Island after our first Radisson Alaska sailing. Cost approx. $138/pp -- in 2001.

If not, you should consider a taxi ride to Vancouver International Airport, about 25-30 minutes via car, and then catch a flight to Seattle, approx. 50 min. flight.

If you are flying on rewards miles, on a holiday weekend, if ANYTHING goes wrong with your ticket, you are stuck and you'll have to buy a new airline ticket from SeaTac to your home.

It is probably a better to bet to spend a bit more, catch a flight from Vancouver to Seattle and make your 3:00 p.m. flight. (Which by the way you'll need to check in by 12:30 or so to make it through security, and that's once you've returned your rent-a-car on a busy holiday weekend.)

One other point to consider, since it is the 4th of July, car rental companies often times "run out of cars" (ala Seinfeld) --- so even if you have a reservation, you may not get a car and then, oye vey!!!

I don't see any way you could do that. We have driven from Seattle to Vancouver twice, both times before 9/11. The opposing traffic at the border, even in those easier times (security-wise) was backed up badly.

Will post similar thread on Alaska board.

My wife and I arrive in Vancouver on Wed. July 4th. We will be able to disembark around 9am. We have a flight out of SeaTac around 3 (Southwest rapid rewards). We arrive on Mariner at the Canada Place North (I have no idea what that is).

Does anybody know what car rental agencies (if any) are located within walking distance or will pick you up at the cruise ship?

Thanks!

I see you live in San Antonio...Consider using YVR instead of SEA. American flies a non-stop to DFW daily around 12:30 PM....Taxis from Canada Place to YVR $25.....Easily accessable...:cool:

Archived