Tour of Barbados?.

rstep

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for. Reasonably priced tour of the island. Any suggestions? I found a Sun Tours but looking for recommendations from anyone

If you are feeling adventurous try hopping on the bus. We rode the bus for hours one time when we didn't really feel like doing much. Saw so much of the island and met some great people.

If you are feeling adventurous try hopping on the bus. We rode the bus for hours one time when we didn't really feel like doing much. Saw so much of the island and met some great people.

You can tell us, which bus-number and which route it took, and above all, where you got into the bus?

Edited by onyx007

You can tell us, which bus-number and which route it took, and above all, where you got into the bus?

I can't remember bus numbers, sorry. There are two bus terminals, one is a 5 min walk to the right after you get off the pier, that is the one we took. We took the bus originally to St James Parish church. There is a very nice old church there that you can tour, it's small but they have guides that tell you about the church etc. Folkestone park is there too, not much of a beach, but great snorkeling. After that we looked at our map and decided to hop on the bus. We took a bus that was to go to some old church. We got there, the bus driver told us this was the stop and we stayed on the bus to ride it back. Somewhere, maybe in Holetown, we had to get off the bus and get on a new one. 75 cents each for each leg of the ride, pretty cheap island tour. I wish I had paid more attention so I could share better how to do it. My advice, go on the bus, and have fun, about 3 hours before your ship leaves, start heading back. I believe the bus ride from that old church at the north end of the island, was about an hour or so by bus to get back.

Thanks for the anwer, in this case I will have to do some research.

I already found a bus which would make a circle with the fardest point beeing the Garrison ( that a easterly direction from the pier). There is a lot of time still to do the research as my cruise will leave on the 26th of december this year and as long as I know that I don't have to book any tour then we're fine...

...worst case we show up at the busstation like you did and figure it out by ourself.

Edited by onyx007