Things to do Labor Day weekend

Caddy928

Arrive Sunday afternoon and leave Tuesday. Understand things are closed on Sunday and the holiday! So what the heck can I do? Is a tour worth it?

DH and I have been doing research on this as well. We've found many tour operators are working on Sunday. Some restaurants may not be open.

Not sure why you think they would be closed on Monday for Labor day - this is a US holiday - Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory and will not be celebrating Labor Day.

DH and I have been doing research on this as well. We've found many tour operators are working on Sunday. Some restaurants may not be open.

Not sure why you think they would be closed on Monday for Labor day - this is a US holiday - Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory and will not be celebrating Labor Day.

Well in fact Caddy928 is right,

Labour Day is a Holiday in Bermuda.

<a href=bermudaholiday_zps6ff2a866.jpg' alt='ber

Well in fact Caddy928 is right,

Labour Day is a Holiday in Bermuda.

Labor Day. Labour Day. Those darn Brits! ;)

If it helps DH and I have booked excursions with no problem for Monday September 1.

If you plan on doing a private taxi tour of Bermuda, then I suggest you do it Sunday right after arrival.

The typical tour is 4 or 5 hours long. Have a good meal before leaving the ship and enjoy the tour.

For the holiday Monday, you ( and about 4000 other pax from both ships in port ) are going to hit the beach.

Is the beach a must do for you ?

If so, you could hit one of the many south shore beaches. If you are afraid that there will be too many people on the beaches...you could buy a day pass at CoCo Reef for 60$ including chairs, umbrella, towel, 2 or 3 course meal for lunch, a drink, access to the private part of Elbow beach, a pool...it could be well worth it.

On Sunday the shops at the Dockyard are OPEN...so you might want to do your shopping on Sunday, hitting the beaches on Monday and doing the other things on your list on Tuesday....just don't be late for departure ;)

Any recommendation? I know about the blue flags but I'd like a recommendation of someone that isn't the typical tour that can be booked on the ship

Also heard the there is somewhere to book a dinner on the beach?