SF to Seattle Vancouver or Vice Versa in 2 days?

PandaBear62

I need to be in Vancouver in early August 2015 for a week. I was thinking it would be fun to cruise from San Francisco before the trip or from Vancouver or Seattle after the trip, if it was a day or two. My girlfriend insists such a cruise exists, but I can't seem to find anything. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

They are available, sometimes at the shoulder seasons-- late April/early May then again late September/ maybe early October. Nothing is available midAugust as that's still Alaska season.

Usually the 1or 2 day cruises are between Vancouver and Seattle. There are minimum 3day cruises from Southern California to Vancouver.

Edited by SadieN

Above poster is correct - we've done a couple of Princess repos and they are only ever when the ship first moves to the area or just as it's about to leave. They're primarily to get around the PVSA requirements about sailing between different US ports when the lines want a ship based in Seattle for the summer (either a loooong trip including a 'far distant' port is required or the trip has to end in Canada).

I need to be in Vancouver in early August 2015 for a week. I was thinking it would be fun to cruise from San Francisco before the trip or from Vancouver or Seattle after the trip, if it was a day or two. My girlfriend insists such a cruise exists, but I can't seem to find anything. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Only time you see the coastal cruises is at the beginning and end of the Alaska Season (northbound to Vancouver in May, southbound from Vancouver in Sept) when the boats are being positioned.