crossing questions

shackleton

Hello, All

Quivering in anticipation for transatlantic cruise, Queen's Grill...a few questions if you can help (and I have so enjoyed reading the forums).

We are on 1 deck..is 2 deck better as far as 'original' detail?? Does the gym have more than pool and treadmill? Can you book before you board??

I read thread on 'bringing booze'...would hate to be humiliated, but would LOVE to bring a bit of nice bubbly and gin...should I just have it in my giant carry-on??

Is there a difference in cabins (Q3, I think) depending on where they are located (midships, bow, etc.)

thank you, hope to hear replies...

best

My first question has to be which ship?

We are on 1 deck..is 2 deck better as far as 'original' detail?

That makes me think it's QE2. I think Deck 1 is nicer than deck 2 (but that could just be that I like to be as far up the ship as possible) however all the cabins on deck 1 and all on deck 2 excepting 2066, 2068, 2149 and 2151 are original (I think although I'm quite happy to be corrected).

Does the gym have more than pool and treadmill?

Yes, but I can't tell you what as I've never been there - my knowledge comes from other posts.

Can you book before you board?

No:(

I read thread on 'bringing booze'...would hate to be humiliated, but would LOVE to bring a bit of nice bubbly and gin...should I just have it in my giant carry-on?

I have never had a problem taking drink onto the QE2. (That said I have never arrived with a couple of crates of whisky:D ). I know another of our regular posters has a case of Champagne delivered to his cabin (not ordered through Cunard) before sailing and that has always made it. If you just carry it onboard and aren't ostentatious about it (don't boast that you've got it or try to totally hide it) I think you'll be OK:)

Is there a difference in cabins (Q3, I think) depending on where they are located (midships, bow, etc.)

All Q3s are amidships. On deck 1 cabins 1026, 1028, 1029, 1030, 1031, 1033, 1048 and 1051 don't have a bidet whilst all the other Q3s on those decks do. Cabins 1048 and 1051 are also wheelchair accessible.

The Q3s on Boat and Sun decks are all newer cabins and more like a hotel room than a ship's cabin. They are also smaller than those on decks 1 or 2.

Have you joined the roll call for your crossing? If you are on the QE2 then there are only four crossings left and all the roll calls have lots of people on them:)

Archived