PT room on the Elation

webprinter

We are in the process of deciding on an Elation cruise. We plan to do a PT room for the first time. Is there anything to consider when deciding which PT room to book? At this time, we can choose various rooms on the main, empress and upper deck. The Empress deck doesn't look as good due to the theater being above it. Does one or the other deck have less anchor noise? Thanks.

I did E9, as the furthest aft PT and below the edge of the theater. Only heard the theater very faintly once. I would pick Empress in a heart beat and try not to get any more forward than you have to of course.

If you are all the way forward, and hit big waves, they are going to wake you up, as will the stablizers when coming into a port. Last morning we circled and they woke me up at 4 am.

PTs are noisy, but you can see out so a great value.

If you are all the way forward, and hit big waves, they are going to wake you up, as will the stablizers when coming into a port. Last morning we circled and they woke me up at 4 am.

PTs are noisy, but you can see out so a great value.

I agree with Firefly. We were in U7 and U9 on Elation about a year ago. The stabilizers were very noisy in port, especially early on the last day. We could feel the waves as well, however the seas weren't too rough so it was a gentle, but constant, rocking motion while at sea. Since it was a PT cabin, there was no couch. The rather spartan furniture arrangement consisted of the two beds, the desk and chair, a small stool, and the infamous 'box' in the corner that held the life jackets. So the cabin felt very roomy since there was nothing in it!

We got natural light from the porthole for an Inside price, and price was a factor. We took our college-aged children along on this cruise, so we settled for the 2 PT cabins. DW is hooked on balcony cabins, though, so she liked the cabin less than I did. It was fun to try it out though. We managed to survive the 5 day cruise just fine.:)

We love PT rooms on that class ship.

The front rooms can be noisy coming into ports. BUT those front rooms also have 2 ac vents if that is an issue for you. We have never heard the Theater above.

Empress is the preferred deck for me. It is the deck you use entering and exiting the ship at the home port. It is also closest to the public decks.

Some of those rooms are just a little larger than others. When you see they step back on each side. They really do and some rooms are slightly larger.

Archived