Costa Pacific

Isis2

Is there a Bureau de Change on board the Costa Pacifica, as we need to change to several different currencies on our cruise in May.

All the Costa ships have currency exchange at Guest Services. Where are you going? Many port areas accept Euros and US Dollars.

All the Costa ships have currency exchange at Guest Services. Where are you going? Many port areas accept Euros and US Dollars.

We are going round the Baltic, but have been told on a telly programme to try and take local currency as you do not get the best rates when paying for stuff in say, Euros or Dollars.

Thanks

You may be able to exchange $ for € on-board but not local currencies.

I have always found either $ or € are accepted everywhere in Baltic, or use a bank card / credit card to obtain the amount of local currency you whink you will need from an ATM.

Ron

We are going round the Baltic, but have been told on a telly programme to try and take local currency as you do not get the best rates when paying for stuff in say, Euros or Dollars.

Thanks

That may be true but either way you will lose money exchanging into local currency and then changing back if you have leftovers.

Do you have a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't buy alot so I am bringing a bunch of smaller euro bills and US dollars and will just go with that. Euro for every place but St Petersburg since I have read from multiple sites that dollars are the favored currency there.

For the places with museums I want to go to they we get in early so I know I will have time to see an ATM before the museums open.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a Bureau de Change on board the Costa Pacifica, as we need to change to several different currencies on our cruise in May.

All Costa ships have currency exchange available at the Customer service desk, but they may not have all the currencies you want. However, you will probably find that Euros & US Dollars are widely accepted in the Baltic States.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Baltic cruise.

For money I had Euro and dollars with me, never used the cruise exchange.

ATMs were available at every city with a major stop, for places with minor stops Euros could be used with just a minor hit in exchange rate.

St Petersburg for the souvenir shops the prices were in Euro and if you purchased in rubles they did a currency exchange.

The only place were local currency would of been of use right off the ship was in Gydina, however instead of using public transportation just took a taxi to Gdansk and that price was in Euro.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just for info Costa Pacifica would not exchange my travellers cheques and did not have a Bureau de Change on board, they would not even change up Hubby's Pounds Sterling cash into Euros.

The good news was that I won Euros 116 on the slot machines one night and Hubby won Euros 145 on the Roulette Wheel the next night. :eek: