New Caledonia October 31, 2015

Cruisedreamer1

I am making an assumption that the ship will be docking in Noumea. If that's the case, unless you are on a small ship you will dock at the industrial terminal and shuttles will drive passengers to the passenger terminal a short distance away.

The passenger terminal is right across the road from the city. In a few minutes you can be in the city centre. It's only a very small place so doesn't take long to wander around.

At the passenger terminal there will be a range of tour operators offering excursions and there is also a HOHO bus. This travels to a range of places including beaches so it depends what your interests are. One of the stops is the Tjiabaou Cultural Centre. The buildings themselves are quite interesting but there is an entrance fee applicable. Sorry I can't remember how much it was.

We have been to Noumea a number of times and there isn't anywhere that I can think of that you need to avoid. Le Petit Train is a bit of fun and you can get lovely views from a lookout where the 'train' stops.

Most ships seem to run excursions to Amadee Island and while we haven't yet done that, the trip seems to get favourable reports.

You could also just jump on bus and go to one of the beaches but you will need to have XPF to pay the fares.

Unless you have a specific interest in mind, the HOHO bus might be your best bet to get a taste of Noumea.

I hope you enjoy your day in Noumea whatever you choose to do.:)