Medford Mahogany Creations

melgray13

on our trip a few years ago, we purchased a whale.. very nice.. but not from the actually shop. the items are sold in several locations around the island. But I'm guessing a trip to the actually place where the items are made would be very interesting. I'm sure the taxi drivers would know how to get there.

• 2 years later...
We are interested in this store. Has anyone visited? Is it worth the trip? Can we just go by cab rather than as part of a tour? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

Ok, I know this is a few years down the road, but we went there and met the guy on something that was tacked on to a cruise ship excursion. The reason we went on the excursion was supposedly to Mt Gay Rum for a tour of how rum is made. This was booked in advance some months ago. Well, turns out it didn't go to Mt. Gay, went to another one (Four Corners, I think?) and they showed us nothing but a bunch of sterile tanks, all computerized - no real education as to making of rum. Tasting was not very good because quality of rum is, well...green. Anyway, on the end of the tour (which had not been in the description of the tour we booked), they took us to Medford's and we actually saw him create pieces. Unbelievable! It is SO worth it to go to their place. It's not that far from the port - maybe 10 minutes max???

Wish I'd bought more. Was googling it and saw this...thought I'd respond.

• 3 months later...

My daughter and I went there 3-4 years ago, but I'd suggest taking the address with you because our driver didn't know where it was. We'd planned to go somewhere else,but he told us it had closed, so this was our next stop. We loved watching him work, and some of the things they sell are truly works of art! Be sure they pack the ceramic pieces well though - my daughter bought a lovely piece, but when we got back to the ship, it was in pieceS. Check out his walking sticks - I have a Snakewood one that's just gorgeous and I'm hoping to get a cane this trip!

• 3 years later...

Medford's Mahogany like another poster said to really create works of art.

They are normally called upon to create commemorative pieces by most entities on the island.

They are not too far from the port and in my opinion its well worth the trip and yes you can go there on your own if you wish.

Medford's Mahogany like another poster said to really create works of art.

They are normally called upon to create commemorative pieces by most entities on the island.

They are not too far from the port and in my opinion its well worth the trip and yes you can go there on your own if you wish.

Thanks so much!