Another thing I couldn't find on the Cunard Website

Cruise Arizona

I looked high and low on the Cunard website to see what their tipping policy is and I could fin none. They don't even have a word search....

So can you help me out... is the Cunard tipping policy the around $10 per day per person? Added to Key Card Account? Automatic?

Or do they have some other strange tipping policy? If you have link to the information that would be great.

I looked high and low on the Cunard website to see what their tipping policy is and I could fin none. They don't even have a word search....

So can you help me out... is the Cunard tipping policy the around $10 per day per person? Added to Key Card Account? Automatic?

Or do they have some other strange tipping policy? If you have link to the information that would be great.

Added to your onboard account.

$11 per person per day non Grill

$13 per person per day for Grill

Added tipping at your discretion. Americans required to tip everyone they see. Yorkshiremen forbidden to tip at all.

Matthew

PS - It is in the FAQ

:oI must be blind I scrolled through the FAQ three times on each page and didn't see it. What section is it in? and under what question?

On the UK site the FAQ has a link from the home page, and it is in general question. I assume that it is the same over on your side of the pond.

Matthew

:oI must be blind I scrolled through the FAQ three times on each page and didn't see it. What section is it in? and under what question?

From page 120 of Cunard's on line brochure request:

http://www.cunard.com/brochure/

Can you explain more about how tipping works?

During your voyage, you will meet staff throughout the ship who

provide you with excellent service. Many more crew support those

who serve you directly. For your convenience a discretionary

Hotel and Dining charge will be added to your shipboard account on

a daily basis (including children). This charge will be shared amongst

those staff who help provide and support your experience, including the

waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, galley staff, laundry staff and others. Please note, this is a discretionary charge and should you wish to

remove it or make any adjustments, contact the Purser’s Desk onboard.

GRILL ACCOMMODATION: $13 USD per person per day†

ALL OTHER ACCOMMODATION: $11 USD per person per day

Just came off QM2. "Tips" appears on the on board account under the heading "Hotel and Dining Charge" , I noticed the full charge for the whole of the cruise appeared on my account on the third day!

They were really quick putting it on, but took eight days to put on my "on board credit" money ($250) In fact had to speak rather seriously with the accounts supervisor to get it put on even then.

You can also find the info on the fare information page for the voyage you're booked on. The FAQ page can get a bit vague on some issues, can't it.

Julia

Hi Suzanne -- it's Judy from the Fashion board. We have been on QM2 and gratuities for cabin and restaurant personnel are automatically added to your account. We were told that the hotel staff gratuities filter down to the laundry workers and the restaurant goes similiarly to people we never see. Spa personnel are tipped at time of service. The gratuity on bar purchases is added at the time of purchase. If I had children in the programs, I would tip the counselors.

Some of the people on the Cunard board can be little testy at times.

We actually did add some cash to our tips last night out and were truly in the minority. I felt a little silly. Are you going on the QM2?

We're counting the days until November 30 now.

You will adore Cunard!

I hope I helped answer your questions.

Best -- Judy

That Cunard web site sure is a bear. It sounds like they pretty much follow the tipping policy on all their parent company ships, but they add that extra level for the Grill.

Now just to pick out a great gown for formal night. :)

I'm excited to hear you are going on a Cunard ship! Which one and when. Look forward to three formal nights on a week long trip!

--J

That Cunard web site sure is a bear. It sounds like they pretty much follow the tipping policy on all their parent company ships, but they add that extra level for the Grill.

Now just to pick out a great gown for formal night. :)

If you are planning on going on Cunard, you should know the chances of there being more than one Formal night is about 100%, save for the two night trips in Europe. ;)

Archived