Connection time at Sydney is 1.5 hrs enough?

ccastner

My original flights to Auckland from Nashville were canceled awhile I was at the Airport. Princess EZAir has me rebooked to leave tomorrow.

I arrive at 6:05 am in Sydney on American on an Airbus double-decker. I have to get on to Qantas for a 7:30 am flight to Auckland When I asked if that was adequate they said yes.

For those of you who travel through Sydney is there a connecting passenger process or do I have to collect my luggage and go thru customs and immigration and then back thru security?

Thank you for info you can share

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being that you're on the double decker, the A380, you will in fact be flying on Qantas and not American as AA doesn't have A380s in their fleet. The flight your on is code shared with American which is why it shows AA as your carrier. As long as your flight to Sydney is on time, there should be no issues connecting to your Auckland flight.

Edited by jetboy66

I arrive at 6:05 am in Sydney on American on an Airbus double-decker. I have to get on to Qantas for a 7:30 am flight to Auckland When I asked if that was adequate they said yes.

For those of you who travel through Sydney is there a connecting passenger process or do I have to collect my luggage and go thru customs and immigration and then back thru security?

For anyone who finds this thread later, so long as bags are through-checked from Los Angeles to Auckland there is no need to clear immigration or collect bags. You simply follow the signs for connecting passengers, which will take you to the security screening and transfer area, from which you then simply go upstairs into the airside departures lounge. Provided that there are no long delays, 85 minutes is ample for this. In any event, there are plenty of Sydney-Auckland flights all through the day.

The flight from Dallas to Sydney was late and I had 15 minutes from the time plane door opened to the start of boarding of my flight to Auckland. I made it with 6 minutes to spare. Thank you all for your informative help

Also for anyone arriving to depart from Princes Wharf, hang out in the Hilton. Food, drink, bathrooms, they'll hold your luggage and the bellhop a helped me get my luggage a hop-skip-and-a-jump down to bag drop off

Wonderful cruise so far. The Agrodome was the best part of yesterday!