Staybridge Suites vs. Hyatt Place

opalonyx

My daughter and I will be cruising out of NO in Mid April and plan to stay 2 days in NO prior to the cruise. We have reservations at both the Staybridge Suites (French Qtr./Downtown) and Hyatt Place (Convention Center). We realize the Convention Center is close to the ships, but are wondering if it really isn't that far from the FQ/D, are we better off at the Staybridge? Not sure how far it is from ships and how easy it is to get transportation from FQ/D to ships. Thank you for your help!

Staybridge is very close to Harrah's on Poydras. Which is located in what is called the Warehouse District. Not far from the cruise port I believe it is about .5 miles. Not familiar with Hyatt Hotel.

pittypat

Edited by pittypat

Both hotels are in the Warehouse District. Staybridge is closer to the French Quarter by a few blocks.

Getting a cab from either one to the cruise terminal will be no problem, and costs the same, a flat rate per person of about $7.00 plus tip.

My daughter and I will be cruising out of NO in Mid April and plan to stay 2 days in NO prior to the cruise. We have reservations at both the Staybridge Suites (French Qtr./Downtown) and Hyatt Place (Convention Center). We realize the Convention Center is close to the ships, but are wondering if it really isn't that far from the FQ/D, are we better off at the Staybridge? Not sure how far it is from ships and how easy it is to get transportation from FQ/D to ships. Thank you for your help!

I have stayed at both of these hotels and I would take the Hyatt Place hands down. It was totally renovated a couple years ago when it was transformed from Hotel New Orleans to Hyatt Place. The breakfast is upscale and free on the 3rd floor. It is about 5 blocks further from the FQ but its directly across the street from the Convention Center and Cruise Port and 1 block down is the entrance to the Riverwalk outlet mall. The Concierge is Glen M. and he will help you with dining and fun stuff to do. Tell Glen that Scott "the waffle Guy" sent you, he will know who I am.