RSSC Top Rated Among Wealthy Cruisers

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 3, 2006--According to the new Cruise Lines Luxury Customer Experience Index survey (LCEI), from the New York-based Luxury Institute, Radisson Seven Seas (recently renamed Regent Seven Seas to match its sister luxury hotel brand), was rated best in delivering customer experience by its wealthy customers. Disney Cruise Lines and Celebrity Cruises rated second and third, respectively.

High net worth customers rated 11 of America's largest cruise line brands based on their direct individual experiences. These included: Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Cunard Line, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Radisson Seven Seas Cruises, Royal Caribbean, and Windstar Cruises.

"The voice of its own wealthy consumers validates the recent move to change the name from Radisson, a mainstream brand, to Regent, a luxury brand," said Milton Pedraza, CEO of the Luxury Institute. "This was a rare brand whose experience far exceeded its legacy name. The experience delivered by the new Regent Seven Seas was rated best by high net worth customers who have experience with the brand. It is the cruise line that best meets the needs of its wealthy clientele, has the best attitude, as measured by the enthusiasm, courtesy and trustworthiness of employees, and best responds to questions or problems needing resolution. Consequently, the brand was rated by customers most worthy of a significant price premium, and rated tops in the critical retention and customer referral metrics."

Since this survey did not include Seabourn, Silversea and Sea Dream, I wonder how accurate it is. Carnival, RCCL and Norwegian do not belong in any survey of "luxury" cruises!

JDRMYS,

I also noticed the missing luxury lines. I love Regent. But in today's world, polls and surveys often have a bias or an agenda especially in politics. So I take things like this with a grain of salt.

But it is nice to read this. Hopefully the other luxury lines were also on the survey but perhaps the article just didn't mention them.

Editing to add:

I did find the Luxury Institute's website and it looks pretty legit. They have several types of surveys. One is the experience of the customers survey, which it looks like this was. Another is a perception of luxury survey as to which brand names elicit luxury. I could not find the article on the cruiseline results though. I am very curious if they indeed did include the missing luxury lines. It's kind of fun to see what brands are considered top of the line.

I also went to their website. I don't think that a legit "Luxury" oriented company such as they tout themselves, would have such a basic, lack-luster, no-frills website. But I DID notice the dominant opportunities to subscribe to their publication, "The Wealth Report" for ONLY $995.00 a year. :eek:

Was that the sound of a fishing rod, reeling in a sucker?

Honestly - ANY legit company that talks about Luxury and doesn't mention Silversea, Seabourn, etc could NOT possibly be real.

That's hilarious!! A wealth report for only $995.00 a year!!!!! Yah, that makes a lot of sense. yah, sign me up right away. ha ha

I really didn't notice that when I looked - I usually ignore any ads or offers. Thulewx, you might be right. It does look a little suspicious.

Archived