Priceline - London Districts

In which Priceline District should I be looking?

Never been to London, so I want to see all of the tourist sights and will be using a HOHO. But I have no clue as to what part of London I should try to book a hotel.

Have had good luck with Priceline, but don't know which district to bid.

We got our pre-cruise hotel through Priceline and ended up with a 4 star in the Marble Arch area for $85 per night. It's close to the British Museum which we wanted. The neighborhood descriptions give you some pretty good information about what attractions you would be near.

We stayed in London for one week last May, after our TA cruise. We bid for a 4 star hotel in the Kensington-Knightsbridge-Chelsea district. After three bids, we got the NH Kensington for $58, plus tax. Hotel and room was clean and modern. Location is great, near Earls Court tube and great base for sightseeing. Also, as we flew into London from Barcelona, it was easy to take the Picadilly line from Heathrow directly to Earls Court.

Good luck with your bid!

Never been to London, so I want to see all of the tourist sights and will be using a HOHO. But I have no clue as to what part of London I should try to book a hotel.

Which Area should I bid:

Kensington - Knightsbridge - Chelsea

Financial District - Downtown

Paddington - Bayswater - Notting Hill

London Bridge - Southwark - Vauxhall

Bloomsbury - Marylebone - Soho

Westminster

Regents Park - Maida Vale

Hi

We love London and do a few days every 2-3 months.

Areas?

We like Theatreland, i.e, Covent Garden, Leicester Square for the West End theatres and shows and Trafalgar Square, British Museum and for shopping - the East end of Oxford Street, Regent Street, and the night life, Soho area.

For the Western End of Oxford Street go for Marylebone, Hyde Park, Bayswater Road which places you nearer to Knightsbridge, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Park Lane, etc.

For HoHo's - if you pick the Covent Garden end - main stops are at Trafalgar Square.

At the other end - both operators have main stops at Hyde Park Corner/top end of Park Lane.

You lucky people. Enjoy!!

London is a fantastic city - just pray for good weather! :):)

Can't wait to get back (150 miles away) - trouble is, I'm always pressured by my Dearest to go on cruises to the Mediterranean and the Caribbean and places like that :(.

Archived