Virgin Gorda Baths - How To Keep Towels Dry?

SeaWatcher65

NCL Excursion to Virgin Gorda Baths. Wondering how people keep their towels and stuff dry or do you just wear quick dry swim wear? I think the activity involves a one-way circle of paths from the top down one of the two trails (toward the baths or devils bay) visit both places then back up the other trail to the top again to get transportation back to the ferry. Thanks for your help.

1. Can you leave towels somewhere at the top in a bag? Not worried about other stuff (camera, wallet, scuba masks and tubes) because that's all waterproof or will be in a waterproof case.
  2. Can you leave towels in a bag on the beach or do the paths really require you to carry towels through the water?
  3. I heard there are a few lockers by the baths but that doesn't help if you want to visit both places (including devils bay). Anyone use the lockers?

Also -- Do you think we should bring snorkel masks and tubes or just enjoy the beauty of it? Wondering if snorkeling is good there.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

The path is kind of a one-way path - there's a beach at one end, with showers and lockers, and a beach at the other end (with the other path to the top. There is a one-way sign somewhere or other, but we (and others) ignored it, and went back to the showers at the front end, but the other path is a quicker path (and may end up at a different spot) - the walk through the rocks does take a little while. Anyway, if you have one of those string back-packs, your towels should do fine in it - I don't remember if I used a totebag or backpack, but I remember that we didn't pay for a locker. There is one part, at least, where you're wading/swimming in water, but it's so short that you can hold the bag above your head. We may have even taken a good camera through there, though hubby doesn't think so. (Looking at the pictures, hubby says none are from his camera, so we must have only taken the water one with us.)

Edit: even though our pictures page is now on a new page, the link in my signature does have that cruise on it. Click on 2008 Crown cruise, and then find Tortola. That will show you some of the path.

Edited by friend of Eeyore

Thank you! I enjoyed the pictures.

The path is kind of a one-way path - there's a beach at one end, with showers and lockers, and a beach at the other end (with the other path to the top. There is a one-way sign somewhere or other, but we (and others) ignored it, and went back to the showers at the front end, but the other path is a quicker path (and may end up at a different spot) - the walk through the rocks does take a little while. Anyway, if you have one of those string back-packs, your towels should do fine in it - I don't remember if I used a totebag or backpack, but I remember that we didn't pay for a locker. There is one part, at least, where you're wading/swimming in water, but it's so short that you can hold the bag above your head. We may have even taken a good camera through there, though hubby doesn't think so. (Looking at the pictures, hubby says none are from his camera, so we must have only taken the water one with us.)

Edit: even though our pictures page is now on a new page, the link in my signature does have that cruise on it. Click on 2008 Crown cruise, and then find Tortola. That will show you some of the path.