Arriving 7 a.m., will stores be open?

macsandy1957

we are only in Cozumel from 7 - 3. have reservations for Nachi Cocom which opens at 9. So thought to shop first since we'll need to be back on the ship by 2, but will the stores, like Los Cinco Soles, be open before 9? Their facebook page shows opening at 9. Anyone know? TIA

we are only in Cozumel from 7 - 3. have reservations for Nachi Cocom which opens at 9. So thought to shop first since we'll need to be back on the ship by 2, but will the stores, like Los Cinco Soles, be open before 9? Their facebook page shows opening at 9. Anyone know? TIA

First thing to determine is where you are sailing from and what time of year so that you can work out if ship time is the same as local time. Cozumel is now on EST year round - NO daylight savings, so are you actually in Cozumel 7-3 local time?

I would imagine port shops will be open when you dock, maybe not town shops, but I have never been off that early so someone else would need to confirm that!

Edited by c-leg5

ok, thanks. coming from Galveston which is CST, will be in Cozumel on December 14, so no DST. So 7 a.m. ship time, CST, will be 8 a.m. in Cozumel, EST. Right??

Sorry, I just read the other post about this. Thanks for your help!!!

Edited by macsandy1957

ok, thanks. coming from Galveston which is CST, will be in Cozumel on December 14, so no DST. So 7 a.m. ship time, CST, will be 8 a.m. in Cozumel, EST. Right??

Sorry, I just read the other post about this. Thanks for your help!!!

You are welcome, and yes, that would seem to be correct!

Last year when we docked at the downtown pier in Cozumel at 7am we were on EST and very few shops were open at 7:15 am when we went ashore. By 8am shops started opening. Los Cincos Sole was not open as we walked there from the ship but was open when we went by there later that morning.

Edited by SHayesShip