El Rancho Barrio Dorcas and Foster's

wild1apache

I just returned last night from the Carnival Valor and enjoyed my day in Roatan with El Rancho Barrio Dorcas and Foster's. When we arrived in Roatan, Conway picked us up and took us to a spot where we met up with Shirkie and Rosemary and the horses. The horse that I had was named Trigger. It was so much fun. I had not been horseback riding int he longest time and it was so great because there was only Shirkie, my friend and myself in our group. Shirkie is so nice. He really takes pride in what he does and in Roatan. We met Rosemary and she is very, very nice as well. After our ride, we went over to Foster's where we were met by Lana and her brother Ray. They were both very personable. Lana is building two cabins and she took us over to see them. They are going to be soooo beautiful when they are finished and hopefully, I can rent one for a week! While at Fosters we had a drink and a little lunch and just hung out and learned more about the Island from one of the tour guides who happened to be there as well. The beach was very nice and there is a little store to buy some souveniers. After a few hours, Conway came back and picked us up and dropped us off for some shopping near the ship so we couls easily walk back. They do have some beautiful handcrafted wooden boxes. The detail was amazing. They also have a lot of other things to buy. It was just a great day and there was time to do everything that we wanted to do and I know that at some point I will definately return to Roatan and specifically to Foster's. What a great day!

• 4 months later...

Hi!! I too rode Trigger. He sure can run! I had a great experience with Ranco Barrio dorcas, and Fosters, and would like to recommend them for anyone who would like to spend the day in Roatan riding horses along the beach, and then getting to spend a few hours at a beatiful beach. My day in Roatan has been one of my favorites, and the best value too.

Just wanted to give the heads up to anyone planning on going there that if you enjoy horses, and natural beauty, and beaches, this is the tour for you to do!

• 4 weeks later...

We also took this tour in April 2005 with our two teenage sons and our 10 year old daughter, I was very pleased with the tour. Shirkie was very careful with our daughter and stayed by her side the whole time. It was her first time horseback riding. If I would go again I would take the longer tour. It was the highlight of our trip and it is a beautiful island.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned last night from the NCL Dream and I lifted this from my "Live from the Dream 3/35" thread on the main NCL board. We all had a great time on the Foster's/Ranco Barco Dorias horseback excursion. Just thought I'd update.

We got into Roatan a little early Tuesday and were cleared quickly, off the ship by 11:35 if you wanted to be. Still one of my favorite ports, it's a shame that NCL is losing them as a primary western Caribbean stop. We had arranged a trip to Foster's West Bay resort, with two of us horseback riding. A driver named Conway picked us up and took us out to the resort, then backtracked to the stables for the horseback riding. The ranch for the horses was El Rancho Barrio Dorcas,,,both the guide "Shirkie" and the animals were great. They did an hour and a half ride, ending up at Foster's to meet us. We spent most of the day lounging while the girls did the riding. After they got there, we snorkeled for a little bit, not that great because we never made it out far enough to the reef from shore. The resort was very nice, food was good, and may I suggest the "bucket" of Port Royal beer (a Honduran brew) at 6 for 10 dollars!!

Archived