Singles group on Carnival cruise - Solo?

tfran8

Hello,

I am a female, 30, who was looking forward to going on my first singles cruise on the Carnival Breeze next month. One of the things that attracted me to singles cruising was the fact that they would set you up with a roommate (my friends are all workaholics and not interested in vacationing), and that you would get to meet a group of people once onboard. I have only learned recently that they might not be able to find me a roommate in time.

I guess my question is two-fold - how are the singles activities on carnival and is it worth it to cruise solo or will I feel a little isolated?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am a female, 30, who was looking forward to going on my first singles cruise on the Carnival Breeze next month. One of the things that attracted me to singles cruising was the fact that they would set you up with a roommate (my friends are all workaholics and not interested in vacationing), and that you would get to meet a group of people once onboard. I have only learned recently that they might not be able to find me a roommate in time.

I guess my question is two-fold - how are the singles activities on carnival and is it worth it to cruise solo or will I feel a little isolated?

Thanks!

I have been on 6 cruises (2 with Carnival) as a solo and do not feel isolated. People are happy and friendly because they are on vacation. There are always singles and solo cruisers on board. If you haven't already you should join the Roll Call for next month's cruise and introduce yourself. If a Meet & Greet is organized try to make it to that and just get out there and have fun. You will also meet people at dinner in the MDR so get dressed and show up there each evening. Bon Voyage.

Hi again, tfran8, I friend of mine was on the Breeze about 3 weeks ago and really loved it. She enjoyed the ship and the itinerary very much. When I was on a Carnival cruise last year the Breeze was the "talk of the cruiseline" just like the Sunshine is now. Hope you have joined the Roll Call and "met" a few people that will be on your cruise. Even without the Roll Call you can and will meet people on board. There are activities but not specifically for singles (as far as I know from my other Carnival cruises) Just participate and have fun. Have a wonderful cruise next month.

There aren't a lot of singles activities run by Carnival (even when they have a "singles meet and greet" it's usually not very good...), but if you're with a singles group as you say, *they* probably have quite a few singles activities as part of their group.

Outside of that group's activities, I'll echo others here and strongly recommend you join the Roll Call for your cruise and come meet people at their Meet and Greet. You'll meet a lot of people that way and you'll keep encountering them through the week. I've done this on every solo cruise I've taken and often ended up hanging out with some of them, or gone on excursions or done activities with them.

Are you on the Breeze April 13 sailing? I know from other posts in our roll call that there's a singles group on that sailing. If so, we have a pretty BIG roll call group -- you should join us and come say Hi at our meet and greet on the sail away day.

• 2 weeks later...

My last solo cruise was on the Carnival Freedom this past November. I don't recall any single things. Do know there were some single gatherings if I remember correctly in the fun times. With that said, that was one of my best cruises I've been on. I met some great people and had the time of my life. As other stated join your roll call, have an open mind and do as much or as little as you want. Below is my "Live" trip report of my solo trip!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1734869

On Saturday I'm about to board the Jewel of the Seas for my fourth solo cruise and I can't wait! Solo cruising is now my preferred method of cruising. I'd rather spend the extra money for a room to myself then share a room with someone I really don't know or cruise with someone who may be a totally different person at sea then they are on land!

Have a great time on the Carnival Breeze and be sure to let us know what an outstanding time you had! :)

Archived