Night Tour of San Francisco

We have not ever been to this city and are trying to plan our days there. We are planning to do the 2 day Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour that includes the Night Tour. Is that worth it if we have seen a lot of the major things during the day? Does that tour with Royal Caribbean drop us off back at the ship? Just don't want to have to be trying to find our way back to the shop in a city we aren't familiar with at 9:30 at night. Thanks

San Francisco is one of my favorite walkable cities in the world. It is a late-night kind of town and transportation is readily available of you want to stop walking. Uber and Lyft are big there.

From what I've seen on the 'net, the night tours seem to all do Chinatown or a combo North Beach/Chinatown.

When I was in San Francisco on a repo cruise, I did a big circle walk - down the Embarcadero to Market St., down to Powell, up the hill to Union Square, a cut across to Stockton St. and stroll through Chinatown, switch to Columbus Ave. for the North Beach Italian walk, down to Fisherman's Wharf area, and back along the Embarcadero to the ship. Stopped at the Ferry Building for my favorite fresh oysters at Hog Island, had lunch at a dim sum restaurant and a moon cake (Fall repo) or almond cookies at a bakery in Chinatown, had an espresso or some gelato in North Beach, dinner at Scoma's at Fisherman's Wharf before ending the night walking along the Embarcadero again back at the ship.