Taxi sightseeing in Okinawa

MSA

I am traveling with my 89 year old father who served in Okinawa in WW II. Would love to hear experiences with sightseeing via taxi. We will be in Okinawa July 27 from 7 am until 3 pm. Thanks.

If you check my post about my Pacific Princess review you will hear what we did (via taxi) in Okinawa for a half day. However we were unable to visit the WWII sites due to lack of time.

The good news is that there was a good tourist bureau set up outside the gangplank at the ship and there were English interpreters there to explain to the taxi drivers where we wanted to go. Having the name of the port written out in Japanese helped us get back.

The taxi fares were not unreasonable at all. If you wanted to go out and do the Japanese Imperial Navy Headquarters it shouldn't be too expensive and you should definitely have the time (unfortunately it was the wrong direction for me).

Gottocruise is going on the Pacific Princess July 25th sailing and she should have some more good Okinawa information when she posts.

Archived