Wedding off of the ship

Cozzette2

We are cruising the 11th of April on the Crown Princess. My daughter wants a beach wedding. I see that weddings are offered at Las Caletas during the Puerto Vallarta stop. Has anyone done a wedding off the ship during one of the port stops ? I hate to give up my PV day lol, I know, bad mom, but was hoping for something in Mazatlan or Cabo. Any ideas ?

Thanks, Kris

Is this a "symbolic" wedding performed by a priest or minister? If so, it's not a legal marriage. To get legally married in Mexico is a fairly complex procedure, as a couple of my friends discovered to their cost. Take a look at this for details: http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/weddings/barefoot-wedding-packages/faq

I did some research and it is kind of a pain. One of the nice things about Las Calitas is they help, you with all the paperwork. It still makes me nervous. I guess they can always grab a justice of the peace when they get home if it doesn't work out lol

I would call your attention to two items about legal marriages at Las Caletas:

(1) "All documents must be translated by an authorized translator in Puerto Vallarta, so you should acquire these documents and send them to your Adventure Wedding coordinator at least one month before the ceremony to allow time for processing and translation.

(2)A visit to the registry office (accompanied by your wedding planner) is also required the Wednesday before your marriage for a 30 minute class on the morals of marriage."

What Las Caletas is mostly offering are "spiritual marriages," not legally recognized in either Mexico or the US.

Edited by Langoustine