Cruise for in-laws Australia/New Zealand 50 anniversary?

I assume you are from US or Canada ? Then you can fly with Qantas or United or Air New Zealand to Melbourne or Sydney . Qantas ex LAX or NYK or DFW; Air New Zealand ex Vancouver, SFO or LAX .

Ex Sydney round trip options to New Zealand with Princess, Holland America, Celebrity amongst others .

Ex Melbourne round trip New Zealand with Princess on GOLDEN PRINCESS .

Edited by kuldalai

Hi! Looking for a cruise for my in-laws for fall 2015 Australia/New Zealand. Somewhere around 14 days. We would be paying for this. They are fine with an inside room. We are looking to pay $2000 or less per person. Any good itineraries? They are used to Carnival cruises. Thanks!

Tell us more about the personal interests and travel style of your in-laws. Some of the cruises will stop in either Melbourne or Tasmania. Depending on whether they are more interested in cities versus nature/wildlife can affect that pick. Many of the better prices are available for November and earlier December.

As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February. All worked out well. Check out the postings below on my live/blog for more info/background on these many different ports, tour options, visuals, etc.! Happy to answer any questions. Just go the live/blog, post there and I will be happy to respond and share more.

Second, the time and cost to fly all of the way down under (and back) can be significant. From our experiences, they should consider spending some extra time in and around Sydney, maybe Auckland, some of the other key Australia options, etc. Doing this cruise is much more than just "floating on a boat". It is so much about what the port and land options/experiences that are liked and desired by those doing the traveling.

You should consider your options with Celebrity. We have done two cruises on the Solstice and have been well pleased with its options, style, services, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 89,913 views for this posting.

• 1 month later...

Main cruise lines are Princess, Holland, and Celebrity. Sydney, around NZ, and back to Sydney is a great itinerary. Look for an itinerary with fewer sea days if possible.

Big pluses in an itinerary:

Melbourne

Hobart

Bay of Islands (near Auckland)

You probably won't find all of those in one cruise, but one or two would be nice.

Also research the seasonal temperatures, and be prepared for cooler weather when at sea.

Hi! Looking for a cruise for my in-laws for fall 2015 Australia/New Zealand. Somewhere around 14 days. We would be paying for this. They are fine with an inside room. We are looking to pay $2000 or less per person. Any good itineraries? They are used to Carnival cruises. Thanks!

I assume you mean September/October/November which is our spring.

Sydney to New Zealand cruises don't start until late September, with just a few cruises in October, then they ramp up in November so plenty of choice then. The itineraries are usually similar, maybe one or two ports that are different.

Just a thought - Princess is having it's 50th Anniversary this year and I'm sure I read somewhere that if guests are celebrating their 50th anniversary on one of the days they are on board they get some sort of extra OBC.