Dolphin Swim in Nassau or St. Thomas

DeBlasio1

Good Evening Fellow Cruisers,

Can anyone recommend a place in either Nassau or St. Thomas to swim with the dolpins. We are taking our two teenage daughters on their first cruise and this is on their bucket list.;) Thank you, any input would be appreicated.:)

• 1 month later...
Nassau they may enjoy the water park at Atlantis and save the dolphins for another port OR you could do both waterpark and dolphins with Atlantis if you are in port long enough to enjoy both.

Thank you for your reply. We are sailing in on Royal's Harmony of the Seas and we will only be in port untl 1:00, so I think what we will do is swim with the dolphins at Atlantis and forego the water park. On the Harmony that have 3 water slides and 2 mat slides, which the latter 2 go down 10 decks!

Thank you again and smooth sailings.:)

the waterpark at atlantis is amazing BUT yes if you are only in port a short time the waterpark would be a waste of money for sure.

If you wont be doing the waterpark then I would also look into dolphin encounters on blue lagoon island. If it were me and I wasnt going to do the waterpark as part of a combo then I would choose to go to blue lagoon for their dolphin swim.

the waterpark at atlantis is amazing BUT yes if you are only in port a short time the waterpark would be a waste of money for sure.

If you wont be doing the waterpark then I would also look into dolphin encounters on blue lagoon island. If it were me and I wasnt going to do the waterpark as part of a combo then I would choose to go to blue lagoon for their dolphin swim.

Thanks again, I did look into the Blue Lagoon, but you could only do it thru the ship. I personally prefer to do our excursions on our own. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Our last visit to Nassau we just walked the town and stopped at the Graycliff hotel just to see it. I like their cigars, but we didn't take a tour of the cigar factory. The hotel is interesting and just a few blocks up the hill from the oceanfront. I've read they have the most extensive wine cellar in the Carib. So if you still had free time and were interested in staying there one day you could check it out. We also like relaxing at the British Colonial Hilton beach bar behind Senor Frogs.

http://www.graycliff.com/

Edited by blue_water

Our last visit to Nassau we just walked the town and stopped at the Graycliff hotel just to see it. I like their cigars, but we didn't take a tour of the cigar factory. The hotel is interesting and just a few blocks up the hill from the oceanfront. I've read they have the most extensive wine cellar in the Carib. So if you still had free time and were interested in staying there one day you could check it out. We also like relaxing at the British Colonial Hilton beach bar behind Senor Frogs.

http://www.graycliff.com/

Thank you, maybe the wire cellar would be of interest on another trip, without the granddaugther's. We have been to Nassau quite a few times, but we had never done the dolphins, so that is our main interest this go around with the teenager's is the dolpin swim. Thank you for your post.

Yes that would be more for adults. I believe the hotel offers a tour that includes a tour of the wine cellar and the cigar factory which is very popular, we'll have to take that next trip if it is still offered.

Enjoy watching the girls with the Dolphins, they will have a blast!

Yes that would be more for adults. I believe the hotel offers a tour that includes a tour of the wine cellar and the cigar factory which is very popular, we'll have to take that next trip if it is still offered.

Enjoy watching the girls with the Dolphins, they will have a blast!

Thank you again. I can't wait to see our granddaughter's faces when they interact with the dolphins. As an adult, I enjoyed swimming with them at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. One time when we were in Nassau we had dinner at Fathoms in Atlantis and it was great! One of the walls in the restaurant was the aquarium. Safe travels.;)