Overnight in port

holidayhelen

Hello

We are joining the Ventura in Barbados in March - the first night is spent in port in Barbados - we were hoping to get off the ship and go for a nice drink somewhere.

Any suggestions??? I was thinking within walking distance preferably - but we could always get a taxi if required.

Thank you very much

Helen

Hello

We are joining the Ventura in Barbados in March - the first night is spent in port in Barbados - we were hoping to get off the ship and go for a nice drink somewhere.

Any suggestions??? I was thinking within walking distance preferably - but we could always get a taxi if required.

Thank you very much

Helen

It all depends on the day/night you will be in port. During the week there is not much happening in Bridgetown and its environs after 1800hrs.

A question was asked about the Waterfront Cafe( which is ion Bridgetown)in another thread which I responded to and I would recommend this as a place to have a drink and a bite to eat as well.

Technically it is within walking distance but I would recommend a taxi...which should be about $10 each way.

It all depends on the day/night you will be in port. During the week there is not much happening in Bridgetown and its environs after 1800hrs.

A question was asked about the Waterfront Cafe( which is ion Bridgetown)in another thread which I responded to and I would recommend this as a place to have a drink and a bite to eat as well.

Technically it is within walking distance but I would recommend a taxi...which should be about $10 each way.

Thank you for this - its a Friday night - 13th March - we land about 3ish - then board the ship but we don't set sail until Sat evening - so we thought we would take the opportunity to discover a couple of bars during the evening while we have the chance.

Thanks again

Helen

Thank you for this - its a Friday night - 13th March - we land about 3ish - then board the ship but we don't set sail until Sat evening - so we thought we would take the opportunity to discover a couple of bars during the evening while we have the chance.

Thanks again

Helen

Where are you staying? If you are staying on the South Coast...as aimodels said...Oistins is a very nice and convenient option for Friday night.

Lots of local flavour and a nice vibe.

We are on a cruise ship - overnight in port

Ok.. then a taxi to Oistins would be your best option. A taxi should cost about $15-$20. There is also a street not to far from the port area called Baxters Road. It is a similar experience to Oistins but on a smaller scale. Years ago it use to be our "street that never sleeps" but not so much anymore. It is a closer option but Oistins has a bit more "action"[emoji3]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk