RCI excursion to Turkish Baths in Kusadasi

I haven't done the RCI excursion, but a few years ago I was in Kusadasi and we did the traditional bath house experience.

In the one we went (oldest in Kusadasi), you first negotiate price, so we negotiated down towards what was acceptable to us and still ofc overpriced because we were tourists. There are private booths in which you can undress and you will be handed a cloth for modesty. You then sit in the steam room to get warm, with the hamam stone in the middle. We were with only the two of us, so not sure what will happen if you are with more people.

The man who was going to massage us, put us on the stone. They massage your body, arms, legs and buttocks. The cloth was laid around your privates so you are protected. I don't remember a cloth on my breast, so I think those were bare. They also use soap pillows to make huge bubbly soap clouds on you and a scrub (which is intense !).

I highly recommend it if you like strong massages, if you don't like deep tissue or you aren't comfortable with being naked, don't do it in a traditional bath house. Most hotel hamams cater to people wanting to keep their swim suits on so just book through those, don't expect the traditional bath house to be as modest as you'd like.

Edited by cruise_bunnies