Questions for tour in Barcelona Span

zhangf

My family (5) is going to Barcelona on 31 May (one day only from 6:00AM to 6:00PM) with Norwegian EPIC, I have some questions for touring in Barcelona and looking for some advices...

By reading many of your massges on this board, I plan to do my own tour, instead of joinging tour group as "Barcelona Day Tours", the following is the itinerary for our one day in Barcelona:

1). Modernist Park Guell by Gaudi

2). La Sagrada Familia Church

3). Casa Batllo

4). Las Ramblas street

The reason I gave up with Tour company since they dont go inside of Church and Casa Batlo, they cover these attractions but only outside...since they have take people to go many other sites in limit time...

My questions are:

1). Is this in a good order in my itinerary (plan to use public transportations, bus, taxi etc..)

2). Is worth to see inside of the Church, or look around outside is good enough? (I looked up online, it seems very beautiful inside)

3). After visiting these 4 places, do we have more time to visit one or two more, perhaps some nearby attractions?

4). Is it easy to take bus go these places, is the bus stop close to the Cruise port?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

I would definitely recommend seeing the inside of Sagrada Familia. It is best to book your tickets online in advance as queues can be very long.

As you will have a set time to enter Sagrada Familia I would do that first.

It is also a good idea to pre-book Park Güell as they only allow 400 people in every half hour. I would do this second and book tickets for about three hours after your entrance to Sagrada Familia (four hours if you intend to go up the towers at SF).

You can then go to Casa Batlló on your way to Las Ramblas and back to the ship.

Allowing time for meals and refreshments that could well fill your day but, if you do have time, there are other things you can see in the area of Las Ramblas (eg the Gothic quarter and the Cathedral)

Carol,

Thank you so much for your tips, I will adjust the itinerary as following, and definitely book the tickets online in advance:

1). La Sagrada Familia Church

1). Modernist Park Guell by Gaudi

3). Casa Batllo

4). Las Ramblas street

More questions if you dont mind, what about the transportation to go these places, bus or taxi? and how long it takes from Port to La Sagrada Church, and how long from Las Ramblas Street back to the ship?

Thank you!

frank

I agree with this revised order. Along with your time on Las Ramblas, be sure to wander around the Barri Gotic. You can spend your entire evening doing this.

Getting around, you could use the HOHO bus. You can pick it up anywhere, but Placa Cataluna is a good central spot. Then when you've completed the loop you just hop off there and you are at the start of Las Ramblas. Going away from Placa Catalunya, the Barri Gotic will be on your left.

Thank you so much for your the information, very appreciated!

One more Question - when I try to book La Sagrade Familia Church tickets online, there is choice of "tower on the Passion facad" and tower on the Nativity facade", does it mean "front" and "back" side of building? what is the difference in bewteen and which one I should choose?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Thank you so much for your the information, very appreciated!

One more Question - when I try to book La Sagrade Familia Church tickets online, there is choice of "tower on the Passion facad" and tower on the Nativity facade", does it mean "front" and "back" side of building? what is the difference in bewteen and which one I should choose?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

The Passion facade has an elevator, the Nativity does not.