Pan Am has a little store there, right?

grhokie

It will be cheaper and you'll have more choices if you stop at a CVS, Walgreens or a local grocery store. Easy to do if you're overnighting in San Juan before your cruise.

You're right about that. That's what we'll do, since we're in San Juan for 3 days prior to the sailing. Thanks. :)

It will be cheaper and you'll have more choices if you stop at a CVS, Walgreens or a local grocery store. Easy to do if you're overnighting in San Juan before your cruise.

Does Pan Am port have you check wine in luggage or hand carry it on? Wondering if we can send our luggage through with our favorite wine from home and then pick up some other wine locally and hand carry it on?

Thanks!

Any issue with sending wine through in your packed luggage, I spoke with Royal today and they told me we have to get our luggage from the holding area after we sail if we send it through with wine packed in, they want us to hand carry it on.

Any issue with sending wine through in your packed luggage, I spoke with Royal today and they told me we have to get our luggage from the holding area after we sail if we send it through with wine packed in, they want us to hand carry it on.

RCI will hold any bags in which they detect contraband. While you are allowed to bring two bottles of wine (no beer, no liquor) per cabin, if it's in your tagged luggage that you give to the porters, they take it to the "naughty" room and make you come down and personally claim your luggage rather than deliver it to your cabin. You may get to pick up the wine as well if you are within the two bottle rule, but if they don't keep track of whether you brought wine in your carry-on bags like they expect, they'll probably inform you that they have removed your wine from your luggage and that you can pick it up on the last night of the cruise.

Tom

Edited by tightlyinterfaced