Disembarking in the UK

Usually when we do a ex UK we drive to Newcastle and park. On disembarkation we wait until our deck is called then leave to go to the car park. This time we are on a repositioning cruise from Cyprus to Liverpool. We will be coming home by taxi, but unsure if what time for to arrange it to pick us up. Do you have to wait for your deck to be called or can you just go when you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I was on Spirit last year the "independent" travellers could leave at pretty much any time after about 8.30 as I recall. The coach transfer people all had a fixed time, and the car park people were called by deck as you say, but the people getting the train or getting picked up had their own colour luggage tag and weren't called at a specific time.

Hope this helps!

Hi Tina, are you on the spirit goining from limassol around tge med,on 23rd april, and disembark at liverpool , i saw this in the broschure, but when i go on line on thompson site, there is no mention of it, were did you book it please, i know its too kate to book, but just curious as to why i never saw it on their site, many thanks for any any info, x

:confused:

Hi Tina, are you on the spirit goining from limassol around tge med,on 23rd april, and disembark at liverpool , i saw this in the broschure, but when i go on line on thompson site, there is no mention of it, were did you book it please, i know its too kate to book, but just curious as to why i never saw it on their site, many thanks for any any info, x

:confused:

Hi Supergrannyfran,

It's still availible to book,

http://www.thomson.co.uk/webcruise/page/cruise/search/results.page?locationName=FLY CRUISE&tuiDepartPortCode=&tuiItineraryCode=ITN36469&tuiShipId=&tuiCruiseArea=CRA5&tuiAccomCode=&tuiAccomType=AIA&businessContextId=15&locationContextId=8&partyRoomConfiguration=1%7C2%7C0&partyStringForOmniture=%24%7BCruiseSearchCriteriaForm.partyStringForOmniture%7D&maxPartySize=9&accommodationType=20&cruiseradiobuttongroup=flyCruise&checkInDay=23&checkInMonthYear=4+2014&displayDay=&displayMonth=&displayYear=&duration=14&cruiseStayDuration=14&stayCruiseDuration=14&cruiseArea=21084&shipId=&itinerary=21248&departPort=&departureAirportCode=*LN&numberOfRooms=1&roomConfigurationFormBean.room%5B0%5D.adult=2&roomConfigurationFormBean.room%5B0%5D.children=0

You just have to change the duration to 14 days and its a fly cruise. Some really good deals at the moment, as long as you don't want to fly from manchester as it is about twice as much as any other airport. If I was booking now I would seriously think about catching a train to either glasgow or london stop the night before in a hotel and still come out ££££ cheaper!!!:eek::eek:

Hi Supergrannyfran

We have been thinking of booking this cruise for a while now and would normally fly from Manchester. Price from Manchester is £1500 but only £642 from Glasgow!!

Can't really understand why the big price difference. As Tina says we will get a train for £10 from Preston to Glasgow and then only a short local train ride home on return to Liverpool.

hi tina, thanks for info, we always fly from manchester or liverpool if possible, and yes it is always more, never thought of getting train to another airport, will look into doing that in future, cant do cyprus one now, committed myself to dog minding now !!! :(:(:(

Hi Supergrannyfran

We have been thinking of booking this cruise for a while now and would normally fly from Manchester. Price from Manchester is £1500 but only £642 from Glasgow!!

Can't really understand why the big price difference. As Tina says we will get a train for £10 from Preston to Glasgow and then only a short local train ride home on return to Liverpool.

Big discounts like this are usually because there are lots of seats available from that airport. Traditionally Scottish flights are more expensive but late deals like this can pop up and disappear very quickly. You could also find the price is heavily discounted from Manchester tomorrow. It is not a science getting a good deal but a bit like hitting a moving target.

I think the reason for the big difference on this on is convenience, we fly out to Cyprus and sail back to Liverpool, as it's more convenient for people in the north west it's more expensive. It also happened last year at Newcastle airport when the repo sailed into Newcastle.

I think the reason for the big difference on this on is convenience, we fly out to Cyprus and sail back to Liverpool, as it's more convenient for people in the north west it's more expensive. It also happened last year at Newcastle airport when the repo sailed into Newcastle.

Interesting, Tina, a bit like school holiday prices?

If that were the case would it not mean that Gatwick and the South would be cheaper, rather than Glasgow?

There's not much difference between any airport that's not Manchester!!! It's just easier to go by train to Glasgow than gatwick etc from the north west

There's not much difference between any airport that's not Manchester!!! It's just easier to go by train to Glasgow than gatwick etc from the north west

Do you mean there isn't much difference in the price at Gatwick too?

Prices from gatwick and Glasgow both £638, Manchester £1403!!!

So far cheaper to travel to a different airport!!

Thank you. I didn't realise Gatwick was the same price ;)

Capitalising on a situation or capitalist exploitation, depending on your view point ;)

You just have to change the duration to 14 days and its a fly cruise. Some really good deals at the moment, as long as you don't want to fly from manchester as it is about twice as much as any other airport. If I was booking now I would seriously think about catching a train to either glasgow or london stop the night before in a hotel and still come out ££££ cheaper!!!:eek::eek:

i see Manchester has now dropped to a more realistic £755 (dck 1/2 out), bet that will upset a few LOL

i see Manchester has now dropped to a more realistic £755 (dck 1/2 out), bet that will upset a few LOL

It's strange, the 9:05 flight is £755 but the 11:30 is £1493!!!! Double the price for two hours less on the ship!!!!

It's strange, the 9:05 flight is £755 but the 11:30 is £1493!!!! Double the price for two hours less on the ship!!!!

ah but theres only 8 seats left on that one, scarcity premium ????, flying from manchester myself but not with thoms