New Orleans Voyager Mardi Gras 2012

rclibertygirl5

I was so excited when I booked on the Voyager for February 18, 2012. We got an awesome price on a Grand Suite. But.....I just found out that Fat Tuesday is February 21, 2012!!!! That means that the weekend that we are trying to fly in for our cruise, the town is going to be crazy. I have never been to Mardi Gras but I am imagining that the flights into town that weekend and the hotels will be outrageously expensive and busy. I am really hoping that it won't be that bad and I don't have to change plans but I really need some advice from people who have been to New Orleans during Mardi Gras....HELP!!

You could always stay at hotel near airport and then taxi to the port. Some hotels have shuttles to and from airport but I don't know about to the port. The price would be high but not as bad as in New Orleans, and some New Orleans hotels are booked a year in advance for Mardi Gras.

Marg

Id be booking a year out or as soon as I could for a hotel in French Qtr and beat the rush if you think it will be extra busy .. dont wait??!!

Try hotwire and such for next Feb and see what prices they are offering for the upcoming mardi gras .. I am more proactive I guess than most because I wouldnt settle for staying at the airport.

Iv done Voyager twice, and was wow'ed.

Thanks for the suggestion to stay near the airport. Do you have any idea how much a taxi would be to the port for 4 people?

Currently $14pp.

If you are only staying one night before the cruise, many of the hotels in the French Quarter often have a minimum of 2-3 nights around then but not all.

Expensive is a relative term. I might call a few hotels direct and ask them when they will open bookings. Often you can make a reservation with a hotel before you can find the dates on internet sites.

Id been wanting to book the Holiday Inn Superdome location, because I know it has a shuttle, and for $99 to me is a deal (I also have a car) .. but the cruise special rate wasnt available for Dec 15th, so I had booked another cancellable booking. Lucky I did, as I called this past week and they now are offering the rate for that night that a month ago they were not.

No hotels have shuttles FROM the port, there is a law saying they cant pick up from the airport .. but if you get dropped off they will give you their card to call and you can walk out to the street, and be picked up .. might not help you since you want to go back to the airport.

Here is a list showing which ones offer parking, shuttles or whatever to cruise folks. Some have one or the other .. see if any of these work for you.

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/2/subsectionID/0

Archived