Early flight?

I was wondering if any of you experienced cruisers can advise.

We have booked a Thomson Dream Mediterranean Medley cruise out of Palma. Our flight from LGW arrives at something like 9am (my teenagers are already groaning at having to leave the house at 3am).

Our day in Palma will be before the start of the cruise. How will this work? Will we go directly from the airport to the cruise terminal to drop off bags and check in, in the morning? Then make our own arrangements to sight see in Palma? Or will we be carting suitcases around in Palma?

Last year, we did the later flights, so checked in close to sailing time. On the last day, we checked out but had our day in Corfu with a return to the ship in the afternoon to make the most of our drinks package, with a day cabin, leaving for the airport at 5 or 6pm.

I was wondering if any of you experienced cruisers can advise.

We have booked a Thomson Dream Mediterranean Medley cruise out of Palma. Our flight from LGW arrives at something like 9am (my teenagers are already groaning at having to leave the house at 3am).

Our day in Palma will be before the start of the cruise. How will this work? Will we go directly from the airport to the cruise terminal to drop off bags and check in, in the morning? Then make our own arrangements to sight see in Palma? Or will we be carting suitcases around in Palma?

Last year, we did the later flights, so checked in close to sailing time. On the last day, we checked out but had our day in Corfu with a return to the ship in the afternoon to make the most of our drinks package, with a day cabin, leaving for the airport at 5 or 6pm.

You will be taken straight to the ship and check in at the port as normal. Then you're free to do whatever, on the ship or off it.

For Palma, we usually get to the ship, go for something to eat and drink, come back to the cabin where the cases have usually arrived, then walk into Palma in the afternoon.

We also are having an early flight to Palma this time arriving around lunchtime. We will be excited so don't mind getting up early and look forward to spending a bit of time in Palma. We may just take lunch on the Dream then have many hours to explore Palma. I am preferring this option this time rather than arrive around 4pm as per the last 3 times.

Hard to say but it tends to be earlier in the day rather than later - those in the Palma Bay area in the past have been transferred to the ship by 11am in the past but as you have an hour's drive or thereabouts from Alcudia it could be as late as lunchtime. A little bit depends on whether they use the coach to take the new people to hotel first or whether they use the coach to bring you to the ship first. It is usually those being brought to the ship that come first so my guess is that you will be at the ship before lunchtime. You will be notified at your hotel though.