Marigot suggestions

bedfordmom

I have done Bernards and Robinson's speed boats (both fantastic) and looking to do something different like half a day in Marigot. Is there enough to do there. Our ship is the only one in port that day. I thought we would take the public bus there, go to Seraphinas, market the fort and some stores. Is there anything else to do there?

It has been approximately 3 years since my wife and I were in Marigot. We normally stay in Phillipsburg since we have been to St. Maarten several times. Your description of things available to do there corresponds with my memory. Their is a main parking area where you can get buses and taxis. In sight from there is a modern shopping mall with great bathrooms and interesting stores particularly for womens clothing. If you leave that area and go further into town you will find several streets with stores selling French items and several nice French style restaurants. I have never visited the Fort so I cannot help you there. I would say a half day is about right for the visit if you include lunch. Happy Cruising!