Best way from Carnival Cruise ship to Sapphire Beach

BcIcemen

Have you been to Sapphire Beach lately? We were there March 2013 and it was not well kept. Washrooms were filthy. If you just want to sit in the sun/shade in a lounge chair they did have them at a reasonable price. There was quite an undertow in the water making it difficult to get back out. So check it out before heading there. Maybe it's under new management since I was there.

I actually flew down there and stayed a week at Sapphire Beach and Marina Resort last year. The view and water are beautiful. I was there in late Feb. so the trade winds were still blowing somewhat and the water was moving fairly fast most days I was there. Sapphire Beach is more susceptible to wind and rougher waters because it's not as protected as other beaches there. But, there is a LOT of reef areas right there to snorkel and see lots of fish, turtles etc without having to swim too far out. There are stacks of loungers on the beach that are really supposed to be for guests staying at the resort, but you could probably use one without any grief about it. There is Lindquist Beach not far up the road past Sapphire (they are supposed to be building bathrooms etc there I think) and/or Coki Beach a little further up the road as well. The water is very calm at Coki.

Sapphire Resort has been going through needed upgraded maintenance on the exterior woodwork for all the buildings. It's looking nice. Yes, you can grab a taxi when you get off the ship to Sapphire. Probably about $10 or so pp. Taxi rates on St. Thomas are regulated, so you could probably google it and get a good idea of cost. It's about a 20min drive..depending on traffic at the time.