Solstice Alaska info from onboard

RileyDog-01

We're getting ready for June 2 departure and hoping I can get some up to date info. This is our first celebrity cruise. Only other cruise was 8 years ago on RCL.

Wondering if anyone has a photo of the dailies so I can take a guess for when to book spa services.

Also looking for dinner menus. We're in Aqua room so dining assignment is Blu. From what I've read on other threads you can reserve a night in the MDR if you give them enough notice. Also saw you can order from the MDR regular menu from Blu. What is on that part of the MDR menu?

Last question...we've gone for premium beverages. Anyone have the wine list for Blu or various bars? I'm usually a red wine girl but sounds like the options may be limited on the "by the glass" list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blu is introducing a new menu. I don't know if it is on the Solstice yet, so menus you find may not be the same. Our experience is that you can't get items from the MDR menu-the 2 kitchens are not close together so a waiter would have to go quiet a way to get something from the MDR kitchen.

Having said that there are a number of items that are not on the Blu menu that you can get: shrimp cocktail, Cesar salad, escargot, French onion soup, French fries, mashed potatoes & probably a few others I can't remember.

As for the wine, we tell the Sommlier that we have the Premium package and what we are ordering and let them select the wine. We never look at the wine list and have found some new favorites that weren't on the wine list.