Street car over to the French Quarters before boarding

2-laner

We will be sailing on the Dream in January. We are thinking about arriving at Erato Parking Garage early on Sunday morning and catching the Riverfront streetcar down to Cafe du monde for breakfast and then attend 11:00 services at St. Louis Cathedral. Then returning to the ship via streetcar afterwards. My question is how early can you park at Erato? And how early do they start taking your luggage? We didn't know if we could give them our luggage when we returned or if they take it upon entering the garage. We assume the time frame is okay since we do not plan on lingering after church and will pretty much head straight back to the port area afterwards. I have read that there can be up to 40 minutes or more wait for streetcars at times. But even if that is true, I still think we will be okay on time. Would love any input. :)

I have a feeling that nobody is sure of the times. I have been to several websites looking for hours of operation for the parking garage and can't find a thing. Also have been to Carnival looking for answers and haven't found anything yet. Oh well, it may be one of those things where we will just find out when we get there. :p

I wouldn't plan on arriving at the parking garage before 9:00 or so. Just too many people disembarking. After that, you should be OK. The garage will be open.

The Riverfront streetcar does not go all the way to the terminal, but you won't have far to go. At the north end of the terminal (where passengers are dropped off) you will see a set of stairs going up to the Riverwalk. These connect to a walkway along the river and the entrance to the Riverwalk. When you enter the Riverwalk, you will see a set of doors across from the children's play area. Go through those doors and take the escalator down to ground level. You will be at the Julia Street station for the streetcar. Even on weekends, there is frequent service, and you shouldn't have to wait more than 15 minutes or so. Fare is $1.25, exact change only.

You will be able to see the Cathedral on your left, and there is a station right there. Cross the levee and you will be on Decatur Street. Cafe DuMonde will be about a block to your right. It will be crowded, but worth the wait, and you should have plenty of time to enjoy those delights and still make it to Mass for 11:00.

• 7 months later...

We are cruising on July 26th. We would like to do this same thing. Were you able to park in the garage early?

What is the dress for Mass? My husband wants to wear jeans since we will be driving for 6 hours that morning.

Thanks